Just Picked up my 1st Sigma turbo Help on getting work done?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
smacktart

Just Picked up my 1st Sigma turbo Help on getting work done?

Post by smacktart »

hey guys how are you going I am new to the forum but have been doing lots of reading

Today I picked up my 1st sigma turbo blue over black mint colour i may add. I have had a standard sigma and I loved it. I'm sure I will love this one to.
She is currently unregistered and has been sitting in a blokes shed for about 8 years now. She blows quiet a bit of smoke and is a carby with a webber on her. She runs really rich and needs a good tune

Now the questions. I have about 6 grand I want to spend on her I want to get her changed to efi want some motor work and refreshing up done. I wont ask what needs going into an efi cos there is a million other threads where ppl have asked

I am basically mechanically minded but would like to take my sigma somewhere for the work to get done due to my time restraints and I want her to be done properly.

Where is somewhere in victoria preferably south Melbourne way that knows a bit about sigmas and efing a sigma?
Who is good to get the efi gear made up from I hear stealth is a freak and does good work.

what computer should I get?

Should I buy an old magna strip injector gear off and wiring loom or should I get something proper made up?

What work should I get done to the motor?

Can you intercool a sigma turbo easy once efi is done or is there cutting for the mounting to be done.(I want to keep for looking stock so no big cooler popping out at the bottom thanks.

Sorry about all the questions your answers will be appreciated
13bsigma

Re: Just Picked up my 1st Sigma turbo Help on getting work done?

Post by 13bsigma »

Welcome to the site :)

Is that the turbo one off ebay? put up some pics :) :) show us all what she looks like :D

i'm injecting my GE soon and am using an old microtech digi due to the simplicity of them and ease of getting it done. my other sigma made about 200Rwkws with one reliably and tuffsig's one is making 198Rwkws on one too. but they are primitave and i'm lucky to get 250mks to a tank with it, so for getting it set up and running, i'm using that and when i have all things sorted, i will upgrade :)

there are a few guys down in vic turboing and EFI'ing so you should hear from them soon :)

from what some wreckers charge, it might be cheaper to just get a whole injected magna with the parts you need :) the parts come up on here from time to time. just keep your eye on the for sale section. there was a whole magna engine the other day for $250 with manifolds and that.

what plans do you have with power? low boost should be fine with a freshen up and standard internals. my old GE sigma turbo ran 14 PSI fine. my Suzuki runs 15 PSI and i know the sigma engines are much stronger.

hope this helps

Dane
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
smacktart

Post by smacktart »

Hey yer will post pics up tomorrow thanks for the info I will just haveto keep my eye out for efi gear I have pm stealth but he has not gotten back to me yet.Probably a busy man.

Im going to go with a haltech sprint 500 ecu they look good and only heard good things about them except they are $1000 bit pricey :(

Anyone with any more help or ideas on what I should get done please post or pm me thanks
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

X2 for pics request!! :)

Mine is original spec so most of the questions and answers revolve around stock stuff but check out the thread titled "Sigma Turbo Specific info - Links to Past threads". It has a heap of good topics with help from the gurus on here :)
genius

Post by genius »

Microtec L series units are pretty good. Get a fuel and ignition ecu as they are easier to get your engine running right. If your thinking Magna parts just buy a whole car as they are dog cheap, use what you need and sell the rest on ebay. You will need larger injectors once you use a bit of boost but get them from Petroject Nunawading in Melb. They are very cheap and will help you with deciding on what fits your rail and set up.