WTF Turbo wheels???$$$?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
karl_2ltgc

WTF Turbo wheels???$$$?

Post by karl_2ltgc »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT

Set of turbo wheels went on ebay for $810!

Was anyone involved with this, is it legit?
tango76hardtop

Re: WTF Turbo wheels???$$$?

Post by tango76hardtop »

wtf and it dosnt even come with centre caps or wheel nuts
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
woops

Post by woops »

That is fricken psychotic. Heck they aren't even polished or anything. I'd say some people got a really good tax cheque and it'd most likely be from a couple of datsun guys desperate for em. They must have finally seen the light and avoided their trx 15 inch rims and decided the sigma ones are the best after all. A bit of miss information he has there though. I thought the wherrits were all black inserts and the turbo's were all painted red. Anyways there would more so be 1500 sets made with 1000 wherrits and 500 turbo's. I spose anything to hype up the prices further. I wonder how many sets are actually still in existence.

At those kinda prices I'd almost consider selling my ones I have out the back. Almost.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

haha could have bought fr17 for an extra hundie..like i always say,theres way too much CRACK!
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
ddt

Post by ddt »

looks like there were only two bidders and they both wanted them bad. But i wonder whether either expected it to go that high cos in the bidding history all the action happened in the last 30s.
The losing bidder who was winning until the last seconds looks to have increased his max bid a lot right at the end probably to try and stop anyone bidding a few bucks extra at the last second. meanwhile the other guy has put in a huge bid at the end to ensure he'd win the rims but not expecting the other guy to have raised his max bid so high.

I think something like this must have happened- i don't think it's likely to have TWO people really willing to pay $800 for turbo rims.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

yeah, i noticed they were really low in the last day or so. . thinking i shoud put my set up and get a mate to bid $700 to make sure i keep them if they dont get bid on real high hahahaha

maby both people had typos by accident lol ment to say 100 and did an extra 0 ??? and one guy ment 80 or something lol
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah that is an interesting price! I'm torn as I think they should be worth more but yet I still want to pick up a bargain polished set... :)
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

woops wrote:That is fricken psychotic. Heck they aren't even polished or anything. I'd say some people got a really good tax cheque and it'd most likely be from a couple of datsun guys desperate for em. They must have finally seen the light and avoided their trx 15 inch rims and decided the sigma ones are the best after all. A bit of miss information he has there though. I thought the wherrits were all black inserts and the turbo's were all painted red. Anyways there would more so be 1500 sets made with 1000 wherrits and 500 turbo's. I spose anything to hype up the prices further. I wonder how many sets are actually still in existence.

At those kinda prices I'd almost consider selling my ones I have out the back. Almost.

Wherrits are red, turbos are black to match the two tone black lower half of the car.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

$810 is a lot of money for a set?
If they looked like this maybe, but not how they look in that pic.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

On the subject of wheels, was anyone on here the person who beat me to those GSR wheels on Ebay tonight? Missed out by $5 - I shoulda bid more!
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

those wheels are mighty good looking dave lol. cant wait to see those ones with the yellow painted bits :D i will happiely hand over the green stuff when i see them :D cant wait
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
strx3

Post by strx3 »

Shifta

I got rid of a set of 5 for $150 the other week with tyres but required polishing.

I'm trying to get rid of sigma turbo parts which I have 3 sets of.

If anybody is after something I might be able to help.

Steven
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Shifta wrote:On the subject of wheels, was anyone on here the person who beat me to those GSR wheels on Ebay tonight? Missed out by $5 - I shoulda bid more!
The Pepper Pots in Adelaide? :$
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah they were - they sold for $257.50 or thereabouts. All 5 with 40% tread and looked really clean....
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Shifta wrote:Yeah they were - they sold for $257.50 or thereabouts. All 5 with 40% tread and looked really clean....
Yeah, they are the ones. I'll be able to let you know how clean later tonight :D sorry! I was very very close to losing the auction. iPhone beeped to tell me that I had been outbidded, I stopped the car, and put in one last bid.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

haha nice work mate, congrats on the purchase :)