Sigma Turbo carby spacer ( plastic )

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Shifta

Sigma Turbo carby spacer ( plastic )

Post by Shifta »

Hi guys,

Anyone know the original part number for this or where I can get one from? If that's not a goer I might need to try and make one but it would alot easier if I can source one. Here's a pic of what I mean :

amgis_obrut

Re: Sigma Turbo carby spacer ( plastic )

Post by amgis_obrut »

cut some out of phenolic resin
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah, the black bit. When I had it off the other week the were some cracks where the bolts go through . I figure I better sort it out, just in case it leads to an air leak etc. Making one is an option, was just hoping there may have been an original part number to check first....
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

It is easier to go to a speed shop and get 2 X 1 3/4" insulator blocks for SU carby's

You need 2 because they are only half the thickness of the CD type.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Sigmaproject wrote:It is easier to go to a speed shop and get 2 X 1 3/4" insulator blocks for SU carby's

You need 2 because they are only half the thickness of the CD type.
Great advice mate, thanks. I've got a day off tomorrow so I'll hit a few auto shops and try and get a couple :)
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

I would ring them rather than dropping in on them, you will find you will save alot of money from not driving all over the place.

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Very true - I just spoke with Car Parts Plus at Lonsdale and they are going to order them in for me and I'll pick them up tomorrow. Problem is they come in half inch and quarter inch sizes. My guess is I'd go with 2, half inch ones. Anyone know for sure? I'm not at home so can't measure the stock spacer but at a guess I'd say it would be an inch maybe?
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Actually, looking at my pic, I reckon the spacer is only half inch so maybe a single half inch spacer would do the job?
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

If you can get a 1/2" insulator that will be good. When I went looking 5/16" was all I could find.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks mate, that pic is great. Just measured mine up and definitely half inch so I'm ordering one tomorrow - they reckon it will take about a week to come in as their supplier has run out. Apparently the 1/2 inch ones are about $33. If aynone reads this post before tomoz and wants me to get em one, let me know :).
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Ordered the part today. For future reference, Redline make them and the part number is 20-1620 for the 1/2 Inch, 1.75 carby spacer :)
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi the genuine mitsubishi part is INSULATOR-carburettor...........P/N 4254128 .......Qty 1 per car. i hope this helps but finding a gen mits nos one would be a great find good luck thanks wayne.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks for the info Wayne! I've got a Redline one on order but I hit all the Swap meets up in SA so will keep an eye out for genuine stuff :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Well after months of getting messed around, finally got my spacer. Due to the trouble involved, I bought 3 of them so if anyone needs one, let me know. Price is $30 plus postage. They look like they are made of different material but bolt up nice and neat. Here's why I replaced mine - it came apart fairly easy when I got it off :