Sigma Turbo Factory Heat shield

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Shifta

Sigma Turbo Factory Heat shield

Post by Shifta »

Hi guys,

Anyone got a picture of how the top shield is mounted. I'm assuming this is the correct one :

I think from memory it might attach to the bonnet and I'm missing some brackets/screws, possible some long mounts that bring the shield down closer to the Turbo maybe?

Thanks!
GB_BB4C

Re: Sigma Turbo Factory Heat shield

Post by GB_BB4C »

That isn't the right one. Ill dig mine out and take a pic of it. Hopefully i will be able to take a pic of my mate's turbo sigma and show ya how it is mounted. Will have to wait till the weekend though.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Cool mate, no worries. I wonder what the one in my picture is from then??
BAC013

Post by BAC013 »

I think that's the shield that sat under carby, very rare. The bonnet one looks like this
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks fot that, yeah it looks familiar now! Not sure why I have the carby one and not the other. I might put up a wanted thread for the top one. I'd be interested to see how the carby one mounts then....!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

me too actually?? how does the carby one mount?
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Hard little sucker to photograph. :\

On the front of the head on the exhaust side there is additional casting that looks like it is meant to mount a bracket for something or other :think:

It is on the Astron 2 heads as well. The heat shield bolts onto this casting using the original holes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Interesting! Thanks for the pic :). Might have a play around with it over the weekend and see what it does. I wonder why they though it needed a heat shield there though...?
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi the first photo is of the HEATSHELD ASSEMBLY -Carburettor.......P/N 4253802.
It mounts on the head bolt holes where the power steering mount goes almost where the normal astron engine number is.

There also is a flat sheild with curved ends that mounts off the rear bolts on the rocker cover opposite the brake booster.

The brake booster one is L shaped that mounts off the front bolt of the master cylinder with the clutch cable cut- out? it bolts onto the rear at the firewall at the top near the rubber & windscreen next to washer jet.

I hope this sorts out the factory heatshield mounting points wayne.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks for the info Wayne! VR4retrofit has once again come up with the goods and has hooked me up with the top, bonnet mounted shield. He's currently sourcing me the bolts/extension mounts too - the guy is a Siggy Turbo guru :).
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Had the Carby off the GH Turbo this week as I lent it out to a fellow forum member and I remembered this thread and the original heat shield. So I decided to see if I could bolt the shield on before putting the carby back on. To help other peeps, here's some pics of the shield before and after the carby is back on :).

Shield:

Before carby:

After carby: