what wheels will fit my sig??

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
joel187

what wheels will fit my sig??

Post by joel187 »

hey guys, new member here..
recently bought a 83 gj sigma and im after some new wheels for it... just wondering what other cars have the same stud pattern??

cheers
75wagon
Admin

Re: what wheels will fit my sig??

Post by 75wagon »

Are you after factory style rims off something else?
The stud pattern is 114.3 x 4, but I'm not sure on the offset measurement, stick with something that is off a rear drive and you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
For 15 inch rims Nissan Bluebird TRX rims fit and the late 80's Skyline rims suit too.
What sort of a size rim were you after?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
nosakifaki

Post by nosakifaki »

offset I believe is 18-20, anything you find that is multifit will be 99% no good nearly always FWD.

Don't forget the centre bore diameter either, mits is 63.1mm (someone confirm please) it is ok if you find bigger as hub rings to sort this issue out are easily available from tyre shops in whatever size you need, smaller and you would have to machine the wheel to fit.

Difficult to find much new as most manufacturers understandably make wheels for the most common cars ie, Falcodore and FWD.

Like 75wagon said stick to RWD and you should be mostly ok.
JA starion.
GK GSR Turbo.
BMW E34 540i.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Scan the importers sites in your area. Almost all the 4x114.3's they will have will suit Silvia's, 180's, non turbo Skylines, AE86's and the like. They should all be okay, just remember the wider you go the less offset you will need to clear suspension. An offset of around +25 to +15 should be fine in a 6 to 8 inch rim.
joel187

Post by joel187 »

thanks heaps for the info guys...
yeh im just after some nice looking factory sort of rims.. i dont really rate the 14" steel rims too much lol
anyone got some pics of what their sigma is rollin on?? or suggestions as to what looks good??
cheers
SE Wagon

Post by SE Wagon »

As others have said, Sigma needs about +20mm offset.

I had a set of Skyline 15" rims modified to suit:

They're +25mm offset. Needed the centre hole opened slightly (carton of beer to the toolmaker at work), had tapered inserts fitted for the wheel nuts (factory nuts were horrifyingly expensive) and also had the toolmaker machine up some inserts to fill the centre hole. The front inserts were wedged in place by the cap over the bearing nut, the rears held in place by cut down plastic bits from the gardening section at Bunnings. :D

Some time later, I lashed out on new 16" Superlites:

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but Simmons were too expensive, and this was (in my opinion) the best of what I could find (and afford) at the time. I had the front guards rolled to clear the tyres; they're borderline for being "inside the guards" - I believe they comply with the spirit of the regulation, but if I upset the boys in blue I could end up with a sticker. Took a long time to get these, too. The factory kept bumping my order down the list. Something about orders for 50 sets being more important than an order for one set. Who would've thought?
(Formerly) 1984 GK SE Wagon
Kings, Konis, EFI, exhaust. Not much power. :( But it is red! :D And Sold...
Member's Rides Thread
joel187

Post by joel187 »

those 16s look nice and tidy on the wagon , i like!
id also like some simmons but not forkin out more money than i payed 4 my car for rims lol

whats the max size wheels a sigma can fit??
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

The pics of your wagon are sort of tempting me to take the side body moulds off my wagon :wut:

I have not done it because I still wanted the stock factory look, and the fact that the mould on the front guards are held on by clips, meaning they would have to be ground off and re-painted. But they dont look out of place left on the guard.

More things to think about :wut: :wut:
SE Wagon

Post by SE Wagon »

Yep - I was disappointed that he left the front on - just one of several disappointments with the job. :roll: He didn't remove them because he didn't want to fill the holes. Just like with the trim on the rear door - despite that this was part of the original job on which he quoted, but that's another story.

I was going to have him put the remainder of the side molds back on, and paint the silver strip the same red as the body. Not sure why that never happened - possibly because he went out of business not long after he finished the job.

I like the clean look - but I don't like the shopping centre scars.
Member's Rides Thread
webby

Post by webby »

Pretty much anything 4x114.3 off a rwd car will suit, but watch for the centre hole diameters as has been said before. That said, I used to run standard TP Magna steelies with no issues, apart from the fact that it looked seriously gay lol
RWD Toyotas, R30/31/non turbo R32 Skylines, S13 Silvias etc all run the same stud pattern as your Sigma so look there
I personally am looking for 15x7's or 8's around 0 offset for my car, just to fill the guards out.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
ddt

Post by ddt »

Hi SEwagon, do you still have those skyline rims lying around?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
SE Wagon

Post by SE Wagon »

Yes, I do. They even have tyres on them, although they're only just legal. 195/60, IIRC.

They've spent some time outside, so they're not too clean anymore.
Member's Rides Thread
ddt

Post by ddt »

I might be interested in those if you want to sell (I've PMed you) they look like bigger shinier versions of the standard 13in cheviot mags that are on my GE wagon.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
joel187

Post by joel187 »

would a set of 18x7.5" wheels fit on my gj do you's reckon?
guessing id atleast hav 2 get the guards rolled?
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

I have 16 x 7.5 on my galant, it will depend on the backspace, unless they are older rims I would suggest that you need to trial fit first as I suspect it will not go....

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
joel187

Post by joel187 »

welll i ended up pickin up a set of bluebird TRX rims, needed to use 3mm spacers on the front to fit them lol
looks pretty neat i recon, ill post some pics up soon..
metaldrift

Post by metaldrift »

cool mate, spacers legal where you are?
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

hi there mate,im putting 19x8 on my sig.i fitted them before anything and dint rub or anything??the only mod i done was for the front ones was machined the hub clearence bigger.because the rims were to suit a silvia..tyres are 215/30/19.
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

According to the ADR's 17x7 +23 is the largest you are legally aloud, unless you get it engineered. I have 16x7 +20 on the GN wagon and they fit fine. 205x55x16 "JUST" fit on the front with no rubbing at all, 225's on the rear fit no problem.
The rear could probably go to 17x10 (265's) without an issue, if you got the right offset, probably around 0 or -10 as there is a lot of room back there.

Cheers.
metaldrift

Post by metaldrift »

I have set of 17's of a nissan nx on the gh wagon and I've bought for my gh sedan 2 17's for front of a silvia ( as max size that would fit in there) and 18's for the back ( no idea what they off, guy had a commodore and bought them then realised they 4 stud), but legally your only aloud to go up 3 sizes so 17's biggest legally aloud lol.
metaldrift

Post by metaldrift »