Sigma Turbo pin stripes

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Shifta

Sigma Turbo pin stripes

Post by Shifta »

Hi guys,

Probably a question for the Panel Shop section but will see how I go. Had an interesting convo last night with an old mate who has been into Mitsi's as long as I have. A few may remember his "Skorline" many years ago - a purple 2.6T scorpion with skyline tail lights. Any way, his mate is a Siggy Turbo guru from way back and he reckons that the original Turbos had the pin striping lower down and maybe even on the black protector strips. We went searching the net for proof and got none. All the cars I see have the pin striping ( and hence the dividing line between blue and black ) above the black protector strips. The line on mine starts just below the rear tail light lense and goes around. Anyone know if this is legit? Here's an angle shot as I don't have a side on shot handy at the moment.

While on the subject, anyone know the paint codes for the blue and black Turbos? I'm getting really close to starting the job :).
Paddles

Re: Sigma Turbo pin stripes

Post by Paddles »

ur pin striping is correct. that is all i believe. as paint codes red is berg6044/6013. silver is berg6001/6013, blue would be berg????/6013.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks mate, so Berg 6013 is the black then? Anyone know the blue?
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Dove Silver Metallic - SG over Ebony Black - XA
Impact Red - RX over Ebony Black -XA
Blue?? - ?? over Ebony Black - XA

The GH workshop manual lists 4 different blue's
Go to Lonsdale Automotive Paint Supplies, Sheriffs Road. They have a book there with samples in it. Might be able to tell what it is off of that.

The colors the book lists are
Frost Blue Metallic, Electric Blue, Medium Blue Metallic and Regatta Blue Metallic

I will ask my mate next time i see him as he has 3 blue on black turbo's and check what is on the id tag.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

the ebony black is a metallic right??

I remember a friend of mine bought 2 blue/black turbos, and i remember the black being a metallic

also the black around the windows on my turbo is the same metallic black
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

vr4retrofit wrote:
I will ask my mate next time i see him as he has 3 blue on black turbo's and check what is on the id tag.
Does he want to sell one?
At the moment no. He's just starting to make one good one out of the three of them then will be getting rid of the other two, untill then you'll just have to wait.

amgis_obrut wrote:the ebony black is a metallic right??
I remember a friend of mine bought 2 blue/black turbos, and i remember the black being a metallic
also the black around the windows on my turbo is the same metallic black
As far a i know it's just a gloss and not a metallic. I could be wrong, best to go ta a paint place and ask them.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks for all your help guys - I've really been getting some great assistance from the site lately and I'm loving it! And GB_BB4C, if you're mate is getting rid of two when his project is done, make sure he hits up us southern lads in me and vr4retrofit before they hit the wreckers/scrap yard- we may be interested in saving what's left .... he he :).