Sigma Turbo/ Peter Wherrett Owners Register......

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
75wagon
Admin

Sigma Turbo/ Peter Wherrett Owners Register......

Post by 75wagon »

This is an area for Owners of Sigma Turbos/ Peter Wherrett.
It's important to keep as many of these cars on the road as possible, so this is the place for owners to register, so other owners know how many there are out there and where they are.
QLD:
- Site name: Jasinex
- Car details: 1981 GH Peter Wherrett Special. Completely original condition. Currently being fully restored. Body work, Rust and Paint being done now.

NSW:
- Site name: 81pw
- Car details: 1981 GH PWS TO4 on 10 pound, bought it for $1000, cost $200 turbo setup. 1200buck car that beats Commodores, keeps me happy :D

- Site name: TR11KY
- Car details: 1981 GH Sigma Turbo Build #445 - TR11KY - 2.6 EfiT, Supra 5 speed, Silver Black
- Car details: 1981 GH Sigma Turbo Build #500 - unreg - 2.0 factory turbo restoration, Silver Black

- Site name: Vulpes
- Car details: Silver on Black #168

VIC:
- Site name: Andrew Smith
- Car details: 81 gh sigma 2.0Lcarby turbo build #243 silver/black. currently getting sprayed
- Car details: 81 gh 2.6L injected turbo built # 69 red/black, engine not yet completed

- Site name: paj302 (Mark)
- Car details: 81 Gh Peter Wherrett Special Turbo

Tasmania:
- Site name: Paddles (Chris)
- Car details: 1981 GH Sigma Turbo, No.17 of 500. all original. original numbers. 2.5 inch exhaust and boost contoller and boost and oil pressure guage. only mods. just needs a good clean up starting after xmas.

SA:
- Site name: GB_BB4C - Mike
- Car details: 1981 GH PWS - Current daily, All original except Injected 2.6, Jap 5spd. Will be restored at some stage....

- Site name: Shifta
- Car details: 1982 GH Sigma Turbo - build number 393. Blue over black. As far as I can tell, pretty much everything is factory

- Site name: vr4retrofit
- Car details: 1981 GH Sigma Turbo - No. 131. Silver/Black. 4G63T DOHC conversion.

- Site name: coreywherrett
- Car details: 1981 GH PWS..currently defected to go over the put but very slowly working on getting that off :P

- Site name: BOOTS
- Car details: Turbo #355

WA:
- Site name: Andy
- Car details: Factory Turbo #375 - now in pieces, won't see the road again :( Motor/etc lives on in an L400 Express Van.

NT:

ACT:
- Site name: sikmaturbo257
- Car details: GH Sigma Turbo #257

Anywhere else:

Feel free to post any information that is Sigma Turbo/ Peter Wherrett only.
All members will be added to this post at the top so it's a quick to find list....
Copy and paste this and add your info, if you want to be added

Code: Select all

[color=#FF8000]- Site name:[/color]
[color=#FF8000]- Location:[/color]
[color=#FF8000]- Car details:[/color]
Last edited by 75wagon on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: member added
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Re: Sigma Turbo/ Peter Wherrett Owners Register......

Post by 75wagon »

List updated.
Anymore entries?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Andy

Post by Andy »

- Site name: Andy
- Car details: Factory Turbo #375 - now in pieces, won't see the road again :( Motor/etc lives on in an L400 Express Van.
eppo28

Post by eppo28 »

eppo how do i tell its a pw? u can see it at car domain.com under si6ma /previos owner/
strx3

Post by strx3 »

GH Turbo 135
Steven
GH Sigma Turbo 135 Red/Black Drive it whenever I can
FATGSR

Post by FATGSR »

just bought a non turbo'd werret.. $50...

and will be wreckin it out lol... or sending it 2 scrap

"If YoU CaRnT SwInG It DoNt BrinG It" "LoCk It &StOcK It"
Jasinex

Post by Jasinex »

Hey Guys,

Firstly hello to everyone as i am a new member.

Picked up an off the road wherrett last night. Have been searching for many years.

Its a project car now to get back on the road (with the help of everyone here!)

Im from Brisbane QLD, 1981 GH Peter Wherrett Special (not sure of the build number, will update when figured that out)
rob020

Post by rob020 »

dont think the PWS have a build number, only the turbos have ###/500 on the glovebox i think? or am i thinking of some other car?
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

rob020 wrote:dont think the PWS have a build number, only the turbos have ###/500 on the glovebox i think? or am i thinking of some other car?
Pertty sure the Wherrett's dont have build numbers either. Was just 1000 random GLX's that got picked at random and transformed into Wherrett's.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

rob020

Post by rob020 »

do all PWSs have headlight covers? could you option them onto a base model GH? i have a pair i think are aftermarket
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
smitta12

Post by smitta12 »

Horsham, Victoria. Andrew Smith
81 gh 2.0Lcarby turbo build #243 silver/black. genuine 2.0L block in a box in the shed. 2.6L rebuilt with carby turbo set up ready to put back in once repairs and respray are done, nearly there got the roof front quarters and engine bay to go, more pics on the way.. keeping stock
81 gh 2.6L injected turbo built # 69 red/black, interior retrimmed in red leather with custom guage cluster. engine currently being pieced back together at present with stainless sleeved block, balance shaft removed, crank balanced, forged pistons, new head, camshaft, valves, double valve springs. stock turbo and manifold with tp magna intake manifold. will surely be asking a few questions when i run into any problems with the injection conversion, would appreciate any advice...
quick question, is the 81 gh turbo (500 made) what is referred to as the peter wherret special or is the pws different? cheers boys
rob020

Post by rob020 »

so were agreed there arent many sigma turbos left.. but what if we started accounting for the 500 turbo manifolds.. i dont have an original sigma turbo but ive got a manifold, which means thats one less complete car out there?

how many people out there have an original turbo manifold? (that isnt on an orignal sigma turbo)
rob020

Post by rob020 »

oh yea, and the peter wherret special is a different model to the sigma turbo
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

smitta12 wrote:Horsham, Victoria. Andrew Smith
81 gh 2.0Lcarby turbo build #243 silver/black. genuine 2.0L block in a box in the shed. 2.6L rebuilt with carby turbo set up ready to put back in once repairs and respray are done, nearly there got the roof front quarters and engine bay to go, more pics on the way.. keeping stock
81 gh 2.6L injected turbo built # 69 red/black, interior retrimmed in red leather with custom guage cluster. engine currently being pieced back together at present with stainless sleeved block, balance shaft removed, crank balanced, forged pistons, new head, camshaft, valves, double valve springs. stock turbo and manifold with tp magna intake manifold. will surely be asking a few questions when i run into any problems with the injection conversion, would appreciate any advice...
quick question, is the 81 gh turbo (500 made) what is referred to as the peter wherret special or is the pws different? cheers boys
Any chance of condensing that down a little? Have a look at the members added to the list above. If possible could you keep to that format? Once I get a condensed description I (or someone else on the mod team) will delete the unnecessary posts.

Copy and paste this and add your info, if you want to be added

Code: Select all

[color=#FF8000]- Site name:[/color]
[color=#FF8000]- Location:[/color]
[color=#FF8000]- Car details:[/color]
Dave...
smitta12

Post by smitta12 »

Horsham, Victoria. Andrew Smith
81 gh sigma 2.0Lcarby turbo build #243 silver/black. currently getting sprayed
81 gh 2.6L injected turbo built # 69 red/black, engine not yet completed
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

List updated :thumpsup:
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

very true alot of these kits went on scorpions,there was 1 in my street when i was a kid.
Jasinex

Post by Jasinex »

75wagon wrote:List updated :thumpsup:
Any Chance of getting updated again. You forgot to include my car in the list

- Site name: Jasinex
- Car details: 1981 GH Peter Wherrett Special. Completely original condition. Currently being fully restored. Body work, Rust and Paint being done now.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Jasinex wrote:Any Chance of getting updated again. You forgot to include my car in the list
All done.
Updated again :thumpsup:
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

NEW SOUTH WALES
1981 GH TURBO #197 SILVER AND BLACK
1982 GH TURBO #316 BLUE AND BLACK
A112H

Post by A112H »

Thought there would be a few owners on here interested in this.
#500 is up for sale
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Factory-Sigm ... 3a6856fcf6
paj302

Post by paj302 »

- Site name:Mark
- Car details:81 Gh Peter Wherrett Special Turbo
1980 Chrysler Sigma GE Wagon 2.0 Auto
BOOTS

Post by BOOTS »

- Site name: BOOTS
- Car details: Turbo #355
timdensley

Post by timdensley »

Hi Guys... Finally got a 1981 GH Factory Sigma Turbo! I purchased it just near Adelaide the other day and then drove it home to Sydney. Even though it hadn't been registered or driven for over a decade it didn't miss a beat and sat on 120 for 1500k's. Awesome!

- Site name: Tim
- Car details: December 1981 Blue/Black GH Sigma Factory Turbo #292 out of 500. It's a very tidy 2 owner car with 194,000 km on the clock. The car is totally original, right down to the Philips AM/FM Stereo Cassette Player and Speakers! I'm planning on restoring it to original condition, with a few small improvements. The plan is to have it looking basically stock with the original rims, interior and exterior.

I've got a gallery on Facebook with photos that will be updated as the work progresses... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 626&type=3

Here is a link to a quick video that I put together... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaescLxM ... ature=plcp

Stay tuned for updates (now that I've figured out how to get photos up!)
unique10

Post by unique10 »

heres one i found at a random car yard/workshop/unused lot. im pretty sure its a factory turbo, its got the little grills on the bonnet, wheesl and the 2 tone thing going on. im gonna investigate soon and see if i can own 1 of the 500....if it actually is a turbo.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Nice find, the passenger side mirror is a good sign too :thumpsup:
timdensley

Post by timdensley »

That looks like a factory GH Turbo to me... keep us posted and good luck 8-)
damian

Post by damian »

just found this one for sale that has been turned into a Khana/Rally car, 6 point cage in it

http://www.bmsc.com.au/forums/buy-sell- ... post291332
sigjet

Post by sigjet »

hey that sigma turbo is in a workshop on sydney rd, it has been sitting there for over 10 years at least it used to sit in the front of the yard there then he moved it to the back he wont sell it he just keeps saying its a customers car ive tried a few times to buy it lol
A112H

Post by A112H »

unique10 wrote:Image

heres one i found at a random car yard/workshop/unused lot. im pretty sure its a factory turbo, its got the little grills on the bonnet, wheesl and the 2 tone thing going on. im gonna investigate soon and see if i can own 1 of the 500....if it actually is a turbo.
How did you go with this?