Wagon tailgate Garnish.

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Sigmaproject

Wagon tailgate Garnish.

Post by Sigmaproject »

Weird name I know. It should be called the "thing that covers the tailgate catch and contains the numberplate lights" Garnish for short.

Took the wagon to a workshop to get a new clutch fitted and was handed a handful of broken plastic bits when I returned. Someone had attempted to close the tailgate by pushing down on the plastic tailgate garnish. It had to happen one day..I had already cracked it myself. Anyway I would assume that the garnish is as rare as hens teeth..being made of plastic..30 years in the sun has made them as brittle as hell.
My only spare is a metal one from an earlier model. It does not exactly fit correctly around the GN " applique" (the plastic panels) on either side of the numberplate.
So there is a gap behind the doner garnish that I will try and fill with a strip if rubber. In the pic it is only a strip of black electrical tape.
Looks a bit odd, but what can you do.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Wagon tailgate Garnish.

Post by Scorpma82 »

Since the damage was done by them,they should be liable, they should source it for u
Built with pride, Driven in anger