Gj sigma puzzles

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
84gksigmawa

Gj sigma puzzles

Post by 84gksigmawa »

Hey guys i have finally resumed work on my super saloon.
I have some puzzling issues. With the gj headlights i have the main low beam high beam bulb in the rectangle. What are the round lights next to the grill? Mine dont work and haven't since i bought the car.

Second is the paint codes. Does berg6054 and berg6062 sound right? Wanna match the paint if possible.

the reverse lights. I did a manual conversion and have never figured out how to wire up the lights. Do i need to run power to one wire on the box and the other to earth ??

And last one, the clutch locator tube. Has anyone done a method that lasts or is my only option welding a bit of tube about 100mm to the firewall? Worried ill set fire to it is all. Haha
Cheers
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Gj sigma puzzles

Post by Scorpma82 »

Got pics of the lights???
1St guess is aftermarket fog/drivers lights but hard to tell sight unseen

I can't remember where but I'm sure there's a paint code reference somewhere on this site......usually the code is rather short (Y64 is Daintree Green on a late model Magnate for eg)

Reverse lights are wired to a switch screwed in to the side of gearbox, from memory it's a simple single wire +very, single wire -very, a gregorys manual will help u out

Couple of options here....u can convert to hydraulic (much like a Starion)........u can also look under the dash to see if there is some form template or cut-out embossed into the firewall when the tube would be............was very common for manufacturers to setup the bare frame to accommodate either manual or automatic versions to save time and costs.
Built with pride, Driven in anger
84gksigmawa

Post by 84gksigmawa »

[img]http://s44.photobucket.com/user/ilostth ... sort=1&o=0[/img]

I hope the photo loads and is readable haha.

The clutch i have found where it is meant to go and it is currently just sitting there. Is there a way to hold it there without welding would be a better question.
Thanks for the info on the reverse lights. Gregorys manual says nothing about the lights that is useful. I think the auto has power in the car for gearbox and manual requires power under the car maybe?
Ill give it a go thanks.
84gksigmawa

Post by 84gksigmawa »

Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

From what I remember on my gj wagon, they were habeas only

But that was many years ago....and I converted my front end with a scorpion anyway lol

I don't think there's any other way for the clutch cable apart from welding the tube, or finding a factory manual car, cutting a section of firewall out with the tube attached. And welding the whole plate to the car (will give u the factory tube length, diameter and angle doing that also)
Built with pride, Driven in anger
84gksigmawa

Post by 84gksigmawa »

Cheers. Im gonna try the connectors tomorrow and see if that works. Will just weld a tube i think i wanna limit the welding lol
A112H

Post by A112H »

For the clutch tube on my Galant, originally an auto, I used Speedflow fittings and a connector through the firewall. For the tube I went to Bunnings and found a chrome shower bathroom plumbing tube that matched the thread of the fittings. This gave me security and adjustability.
See if I can find a pic
A112H

Post by A112H »

On a side note, I have seen 3 maybe 4 SS Sigmas and they were all brown on brown on brown. I assume they did come out in more colours?
84gksigmawa

Post by 84gksigmawa »

The adjustability sounds good lol. Yea they also came out in blue on silver aswell. That was the model i originally wanted, there was a little old lady drove one ine perth. Was immaculate manual and probably low kms to. Only ever saw it ince a week to get groceries.
Wonder where it ended up :think:
zabatron

Post by zabatron »

I used to own a factory manual Gj SE Sigma about 30 years ago,and i still have the factory workshop manual for it(well whats left of it anyway).Here is what I can find from it:
Paint codes:CL-6054-Satin Wood Metallic.Repair laquer codes:Berger-HH9156,Dulux-522-34386,Spartan-15052.
TU-6062-Light Tan Metallic.Repair laquer codes:Berger-hh9268,Dulux-52234102,Spartan-15220.
The headlight assembly consists of 2 quartz halogen units comprising of a high low outer(rectangular) which uses a 2 filament H4 globe with an inner integrated driving lamp(circular lamp) which uses a single filament H3 globe.The driving lamps can only be turned on by switching the lights to high beam.If the driving lights dont work,check for blown filaments in the globes.
Super Saloons were available in either two tone blue or brown.The paint codes will be stamped on the car's data plate.
Hope the above info helps,and let me know if you need anything else looked up in the workshop manual.
zabatron

Post by zabatron »

As for the clutch cable locator tube,if you dont want to weld on your car,just cut a 50mmx50mm square steel plate to size,drill a hole in each corner,then weld the cable locator tube to the plate.You can then use the four holes in the plate to screw it onto the fire wall of your car instead of welding it on and risking a fire.
84gksigmawa

Post by 84gksigmawa »

Cheers for that. Ive found some touch up that is a very close match which will do the trick. Love the idea for the clutch tube. Will trynand get some photos when i do it to post up.
Yet to look at the lights. Its on my list haha
Taz

Post by Taz »

dont weld anything to the firewall, seen it done a few times in these old girls and it weakens the wall enough that repeated pressure on it, such as clutch in and out over time will see the area around it fail and youll be left with a bigger hole in the firewall. More long term thinking here. Either convert to hydraulic or find another way imo, whether it be as A112 suggested with a top quality fitting or something that doesnt require welding on such a thin surface where repeated pressure is applied.
84gksigmawa

Post by 84gksigmawa »

Thanks for the help so far guys. I have been to two seperate paint shops with a photo of the id plate and according to thier systems my paint is silver. I ended up picking a color by eye from thier chart for the top half. It is much darker but i like it so it will do. The bottom half i picked a slightly lighter gold that has some pearl in it from the dupli colour touch up range. Didnt want to spray whole car in cans but i had burnt paint from concrete and years of neglect which caused rust so i went for it. It beats the car being in primer. If i win the 14 mil tonight ill get it resprayed and rust cut properly :P

I will be doing a plate with a tube welded to it then bolted i think. I will make the plate big enough to distribute weight. Never gave a thought to it tearing a bigger hole from use. I will snap a pic of how i did it originally to get it mobile. Was only supposed to be temporary because we needed the car at the time. Over 3000kms later im actually going to do it haha.

Before and so far :) Image