GH SE reclining seat.

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Phantom

GH SE reclining seat.

Post by Phantom »

Has anyone got pictures of the GH SE, rear seat reclining mounts and mechanism?

I am doing a GH turbo replica (will start another thread soon). I acquired a GH GL parts car for its retro fitted blue SE interior and it has the reclining rear but not lever mechanism. The previous owner obviously hit a snag and removed it as the back rest was tied into position with rope. U-pull-it Gilman recently had an SE but in green and I didn't think to look at it when it was there.

From my basic assessment it seems the parcel shelf section will be different and there will be the reclining brackets mounted down low.
Phantom

Re: GH SE reclining seat.

Post by Phantom »

Sourced a reclining mechanism. Hopefully pick it up this week and it will clear up a few things.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Mounted up the mechanism today. Now I just need to make some clearance on the bolts for the top two keyhole mount holes. Then i have to chop out half of the parcel shelf to allow for the seat to actually recline.
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

are you going to have the seats trimmed in the correct material ?
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

At this stage it's not high on the list. The front seats are genuine turbo fabric but rear seat and door trims are SE versions.
zabatron

Post by zabatron »

I am pretty sure I have a GE SE rear parcel shelf here in my garage.I will dig it out tomorrow(too cold now).From memory it has speaker holes cut into it....will confirm tomorrow.