Sigma Turbo Build

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
angussouth

Sigma Turbo Build

Post by angussouth »

hey guys of this wonderful forum, i am currently building a turbo 4g54 engine to put in a 1976 Chrysler lancer, i havn't done anything like this before its my first engine build.

i was wondering what the best way to do it would be. i dont know what would be best EFI or carburetor and even if to go EFI do i just get a 4g54 out of a magna and use that block, im not sure because i read that people get a sigmas 4g54 and change the head to suit EFI so just wondering if anyone could help me on this. im on a budget too
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Sigma Turbo Build

Post by Scorpma82 »

Late model Sigma engines are the best platform to start with.... Then get the efi gear that necessary (wiring, intake etc)

Most efficient way if u wanna go the turbo efi route
Built with pride, Driven in anger
angussouth

Post by angussouth »

so would i just go and buy a 4g54 out of a magna that has all the fi already and turbo that
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

U can do that, but the Sigma engine is already setup as a rwd engine......
Built with pride, Driven in anger
angussouth

Post by angussouth »

oh okay i get it thats the difference because the magna is FWD i understand now thankyou so much i was so confused on that overly simple aspect i feel stupid now
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

You can still use a Magna block but then you would have to chase up a Sigma GN motor to get the timing cover and sump and even the cam. ( GN is the only model that has the necessary parts to turn the Magna engine into a RWD engine) And you also will need a transmission and flywheel from a 2 litre.
And finding a GN motor is another issue.
Might be a lot easier to chase up a pre-GN4g54