5 stud front conversion options.

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
turbogj260

5 stud front conversion options.

Post by turbogj260 »

Ok, So after being at the drags yesterday and getting overwhelmed with all the modified cars in the field and talking to Phil with his turbocharged LS1 gk sigma I need to go a 5 stud front conversion for 2 reasons, 1 bigger front brakes and 2 wheel options.

I remember seeing on the old site (Jesus that makes me sound ancient) someone fitting a s15? Front end in a sigma along with the IRS rear? Was a while ago so not sure but can't seem to find it after a search? There was also talks of a commodore disk swap with vt callipers? I'm honestly not fussed as the wheel options are both pcd but I would like to run the strut tubes already on the car (station struts but not necessary if I can swap a complete adjustable strut assembly) or can go back to sigma struts if need be.

Who has actually done it? Pictures would be great!

Thanks

Corey
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: 5 stud front conversion options.

Post by Scorpma82 »

TBH mate

the most convenient option would be a front setup from Hoppers Stoppers in Hoppers Crossing in Vic

Yes yes i know, as others have explained, many times over, they are expensive, not good bang for ur buck blah blah blah

But unless ur willing to put in the time cross matching bits and pieces from other cars (Nissan Silvias,Skylines,Falcon,Commodore etc) ur better off with a kit
remove the old stuff...fit on the new stuff, and away u go....none of this garbage 'will this fit to that"?
Built with pride, Driven in anger
d3v147

Post by d3v147 »

My build thread covers a s13 front end conversion. Pretty easy to go 5 stud then
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

You got a link to your build thread?
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

I don't know if GH-GK brakes are interchangeable but if they are you can use a 5 stud big brake kit to suit a TE Cortina, just need to do a little mod to the calliper bracket

Its what I have on my GH
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust