Ya headlights are on!!!

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
bruggz351

Ya headlights are on!!!

Post by bruggz351 »

Man, have I heard that line a lot these last few weeks. :banh:

Lucky though. Since we just put a new battery in the ol' girl.
So I've decided to wire in a buzzer, to let me know I've left the lights on before I can get out of the car....

Simple realy. Pull a positive feed from a dash light that only illuminates with the headlights, to the +ve side of the buzzer and earth said buzzer out through the door courtesy light switch. (H) SHAZZAM.

Only half way there today, as I had to repair both front door switches and the roof light switch.

cheers
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
d3v147

Re: Ya headlights are on!!!

Post by d3v147 »

I just wired mine between accessory power and dash lights and it will come on when you turn off the ignition with the lights on.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

My recently acquired grandpa spec GJ wagon daily beeps at me when I leave the lights on. Assuming after-market fitment but haven't bothered to investigate yet :)
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

All done. 8o|
Found a foible already. :( Picked my daughter up from tennis, and as she opened the back door........ "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL" :facepalm:

Oh well. A small price for simplicity. :lol:

And for shits n giggles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDyTx4iiWkA
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I drive a 2012 Honda Jazz as my daily, and the one thing that drives me absolutely nuts is all the beeps and warning crap (can't even wash the car and chamois it off with the door open and radio going, because obviously having the key in the ignition is the most dangerous thing in the world).
I have no clue why anyone who has a real car (one built before the over the top safety engineers designed cars for idiots) would add buzzers or beepers or any other irritating device to them.
Everytime I hear one of those warning beeps/buzzers I want to kill somebody.

IMO the over the top safety crap is engineering a world full of idiots that can't think for themselves.

Enjoy :@

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Totally agree....all the features that make us "idiot proof" is actually making us "idiot prone".

Having said that, we've all been victim of leaving the lights on and if ur happy with the extra features you've fitted to ur own car, then good on ya and hope it all goes well for ya
Built with pride, Driven in anger
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

I won't take offense to your comment,Dave, but will add, I'm not an idiot and can think for myself, although I do /am suffering from a condition that effects memory. Headlights are a personal enemy of mine. Grrr. I've lost count of the number of flat batteries in the past few years. It's getting tiring. And, to a point, embarrassing. I'm only 41, and the Drs are still grasping at straws.

Not having a go, just saying, ;-)

Cheers
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I've been driving the Celsior for almost 2 years. It automatically turns the lights off if you open the door.

On Sunday I was driving the convertible and got caught in a downpour on the freeway. Visibility was crap so I turned the lights on. Sure enough when I get to work i got out of the car and left them on.

Driving the Celsior so much has got me into a bad habit of not worrying about them, and expecting them to turn off automatically if I forget.
Jeremynef

Ya headlights are on

Post by Jeremynef »

Depends on how anal you are about having a few LEDs burnt out. If it bothers you, then dont install them. They will definitely have some failed LEDs after some time, especially if theyre on with the headlights on.