GJ Sigma Wagon Rear end questions

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Shifta

GJ Sigma Wagon Rear end questions

Post by Shifta »

Hey guys,

It's been a while! Looks like I'll be back crusin a Siggy as a new daily but first I need to sort a couple of things. Can anyone help me with the dimensions for standard rear springs? I picked up a wagon yesterday and driving it feels like I'm on the KI ferry - It bounces constantly. Bloke reckons the springs are shot but I'm not 100% sure - maybe the springs are fine but the shocks are shagged? Or both maybe?. It sits too low in the rear end so I'm thinking springs. I legged it to UPI with one spring to compare but notcars there which was dissapointing. Anyone know if a sedan spring will fit a wagon too?

Here's the spring I took out:

Does it look too low? It didn't fall out like a cut spring would so I'm not sure what the goes. Thanks in advance :)
Shifta

Re: GJ Sigma Wagon Rear end questions

Post by Shifta »

Update: Just took one of the rear shocks out and it's pretty much seized :(. So maybe the springs are fine. Anyone know whether GJ/GK Sedan rear shocks are different to wagons? I have two spare sets in the shed from what i think are either GH or GK sedan rear ends left over from Scorpion diff conversions but the shocks are way different. The shock I pulled out of the wagon is on the left in the below pic. Any one on the north side of Adelaide have any GJ wagon shocks they want to sell? Can trade good Sedan Monroe Gas shocks or cash ...... :)

Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

The wagon rear shocks and springs are a lot shorter than the units from any of the sedans.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks mate! I'm definitely leaning towards the springs are fine and just need new shocks. $220 new on special order so got a mate checking out UPI Lonsdale today for me :)