32/36 weber on GN sigma

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
TommyMoon

32/36 weber on GN sigma

Post by TommyMoon »

So I've just re-built a 32/36 dgv weber to go on my GN 2.6L sigma.
It was given to me by a friend who had it on his triton 4g54 with extractors, jetted and set up to perfection.
I've recently installed the same extractors on my sig (and 2.25" all the way through), so the weber should be a plug and play jobby.

I plan on obsoleting all of the emissions gear (with the extractors - cat and EGR are already gone).
I'm about to start the process of putting on the weber, but trying to get my head around it before I begin.

The first issue I've noticed is that the the vac advance diaphragm on the dizzy has two hoses, one going to either side of the diaphragm.
One hose goes to the ported vac on the stock carby (for vac advance obviously). The other goes to a weird little electric diaphragm.

When I re-built the weber, the vac port on it was blocked (and still is), and bugger me if I can't unblock it. No dramas though - I plan to take dizzy vac advance from the manifold anyways.
But it leaves me wondering what I'm to do with the other dizzy hose that goes to the electric looking diaphragm.

Photos to come shortly exactly describing what I've got.
ATM it's such a birds nest of emissions vac hosing I'm going crazy.

I saw on a different thread that maybe the solution is to install an astron 1 dizzy? (apparently these only have the one dizzy vac hose).
But if I don't have to I'd rather not.

Any help would be great, or links to other threads you think may help. I'm new Sigma-Galant so finding my way around is still a bit of a chore.

Cheers,
Tommy.
tubby

Re: 32/36 weber on GN sigma

Post by tubby »

The vacuum advance is attached to the old carby, the thing you are talking about is the egr valve just below the carb. they are part of the anti emissions gear, which will be all but useless with your new carb. thats if it is even working the get clogged with carbon not long after they leave the factory.
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
Sigmaproject

Re: 32/36 weber on GN sigma

Post by Sigmaproject »

If you can find a 85 GN (leaded petrol model) they use a single port dizzy ..but still have the electronic control module attached to the dizzy body..just like the 86 model.

'
This is the egr. But there are a million hoses and ports and dodads on the other side of the carb. Nightmare.