sigma axels

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
leigh7005

sigma axels

Post by leigh7005 »

just wanting to know id all sigma axels are the same? and if disk and drum brake make a diffrence?
Sigmaproject

Re: sigma axels

Post by Sigmaproject »

My wagon originally had a drum brake rear end. I bought a disc brake rear and had bearing to suit the discs pressed onto my axles..so yes the axles are the same. But the bearings are different.
leigh7005

Post by leigh7005 »

cheers for that how about wagon vs sedan?
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Idk about siggy but i know with galants the wagons axles are a bit bigger and the drum brakes are also bigger on wagons for galants
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

According to the GN model parts catalogue..everything is the same between wagons and sedans..except the actual housings.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Wagon gearbox gearboxes and diffs are based on the GE/GH Sigma, ie: ALL Sigma wagons have short extension housings on the gearbox and all Sigma Wagon diffs have the same arms and spring arrangement as a GE/GH Sigma/Scorpion.

I know that GN Wagons have the Jap 5 speed gearboxes but BW diffs.

You can put a Jap diff out of the GE/GH Scorpion into the wagons ( The GH "10 bolt" diff is preferred because they are much stronger than the GE "8 Bolt" diff).

The benefit of the Scorpion diff is it has discs not drums.

Cheers.