1983 Super Saloon Limited Release

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
number3

1983 Super Saloon Limited Release

Post by number3 »

Hi just a quick question. In 1983 the Super Saloon was released. Air conditioning, power steering, electric windows, 2.6 ltr 4 cylinder. I have heard that there was a limited release of only 400 in Western Australia, complete with a little gold plaque in front of the gearshift. Is this true or has someone just put on a plaque? It does look legit???

Cheers

A112H

Re: 1983 Super Saloon Limited Release

Post by A112H »

I am not aware of them being a limited thing. They were very expensive for the time and therefore sold very few but I have never heard of a limited edition SS Sigma.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

The local Mitsubishi dealer where I live (They shut down a long time ago) still has one it the showroom window (occasionally) The owner is in her 90's, and rotates between the Sigma and a 380.
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

I've found that even though officially there were very few special models in the Sigma family, you'll find that some dealerships did have their own special versions. Some of these dealership versions were official, but some options were merely options that were offered by one particular dealership.

One case of this is also the many variations of dealer fitted air conditioning systems I've seen fitted to Sigmas over the years. Most of the A/C compressors were the same, but pulley, belt and pipe configurations were quite different.

Before the factory Sigma Turbo was launched, you could still buy any stock Sigma or Scorpion, drive it a few doors down to a mechanic (old style tunning shop) and have them install a turbo kit.

But on the factory side of things there was also a bit of disparity between early GE Sigma models. Back then, the first few GE Sigmas from 1977 and 1978 had front brakes, booster and master from Japan, Torqueflite auto transmissions and a banjo style Japanese differential. Then slowly (as the Japanese and Torqueflite parts dried up), they started being fitted with the Australian chosen parts. So some had the Japanese model brakes but Borg Warner trans. Some had Torqueflite trans and Jap diff, but Australian type brakes (my Hemi Orange GE Sigma GL was like this). My current golden GE Sigma SE is a March 78 model and had the Japanese model brake system (complete with little green tag with Japanese writting on the booster) and banjo Jap 8 bolt diff, but curiously it has a Borg Warner trans from the factory (car was a low kilometre one owner car).
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989