Sigma block magna M7 head. EXTRACTORS?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
SIGSTAR86

Sigma block magna M7 head. EXTRACTORS?

Post by SIGSTAR86 »

Just a simple question as I have no idea myself.

Will the Triton or Sigma 4G54 extractors fit a Magna M7 head?
A112H

Re: Sigma block magna M7 head. EXTRACTORS?

Post by A112H »

Yep. It is my understanding that ALL Asstron exhaust manifolds are the same. Asstron 1 or 2, carby or efi, balance shaft or pre shaft, same gasket across the board.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

The mounting points (to the head) are the same...However, just be wary of how the pipes are bent in terms of going under the car...Tritons and sigmas have different ride heights obviously...so the pipes may differ in that regard

There are other things to look out for also such as, brake booster/maters cylinders, engine mounts and cross members and steering boxes
Seriously doubt these will have an impact on what headers you choose.....but best do your homework 1st :thumpsup:
Built with pride, Driven in anger
SIGSTAR86

Post by SIGSTAR86 »

Thanks guys!! It's actually for a Starion. My GF's ride will be an NA EFI 4G54. So I'll be using extractors on hers. Unsure if there would be anyone that has a NA Starion in 4G54 form. I'm
Unsure of the room compared to a sigma under the bonnet. I was hoping to get a pair bolted on without drama, as custom runners will cost more than they worth HP wise. It won't be pushing big numbers, just a cam, port n polish job and revised fuel system.
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Look at the US market...they were all 4G54(B).......and i think alot of the UK/urope market ran the 4G54's also
A112H

Post by A112H »

All factory Astron Starions were turbo
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

were the Starion Astron turbocharged AND EFI???
SIGSTAR86

Post by SIGSTAR86 »

Yes Scorpma82 I'm aware they all ran the 4g54b. They had shit heads and prehistoric injection just like the JB on the Australian market. They did have flat panel Starions also, but again, anything delivered to the American shores, had the 4G54 heart beat.

My question is not regarding anything to do with the American engine, and it was always turbo, but never EFI or have an ECI injection unit.

I'm running the Astron 2 magna head with all magna injection along with ECU. My question is if anyone knows, what NA extractors I can run to bolt up to the magna head and have no clearance issues with anything. I have been told from various people in here that the sigma and triton headers will fit any 4G54 head so that's a win. Hopefully I can check clearances once I have the engine in the starion and I can suss it out. Pretty sure it will be the only Starion in Australia running an NA 4G54 combo, probably the only NA starion period lol. With a shaved head, and cam with good timing advance and tune, it should be quicker than a stock JB. Enough for my GF, and plenty of years of hassle free driving.
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

All Astron engines have the same exhaust bolt up and spacing EXCEPT for the unicorn of the Astrons, the HKS twin cam Astron heads.
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989