Decide the fate of the Gj

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
pigdog85

Decide the fate of the Gj

Post by pigdog85 »

so ive hit a critical point in my build.. im over it , ive always been a v8 guy and i only started building the sigma for my ex.
so the car was a 1 owner 82 gj sigma 2.6 auto with 92000 on the clock and only 1 spot of rust in the rear window sill.
the entire car was stripped , the old 2.6 was replaced by a reco 2.6 wide block and a reco 5 speed jap box replaced the factory auto.
the motor is in and running great, gearbox is tight . has extractors into 2 1/4 exhaust and a silvia s14 radiator . now this is where i lost interest.
the carby is the stock piece of junk , i was originally going to put on the 34adm Weber carb and leave it there but then i started thinking power and started contemplating going efi and then after comparing prices and work involved decided on putting the 3.8l commodore motor in. now i honestly cant justify putting that much more money into the sigma considering its never really been a car i wanted to do up. ge sigma and galants yes but anything after gh sig and im out .
So basically i dont know which path to take selling the sigma. the car is pretty much done, i can throw it all back together and sell as is or i can part it out.
i really want to pull $2000 out of it but not sure how thats going to go. so do i pull it down and part it out or throw it all back together???? the body is super clean would be a waste for it not to get used , anyway share your thoughts.
ozdusterdave

Re: Decide the fate of the Gj

Post by ozdusterdave »

Fom one V8 guy to another. If the ex is gone...and that was the reason to build it,and she is gone..get rid of it asap.
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Youd probably get most money from parting it out thats what id do
A112H

Post by A112H »

Parting most cars out will net you more dollars but the time and effort can be PITA.
I think you will have no problem getting 2k for a super tidy, kinda one owner, GJ with a reco 2.6 and 5 speed conversion.
I would put it back together and be firm on your price, should move pretty quick I think :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
79_lancer

Post by 79_lancer »

:stupid: :thumpsup:
1979 LC lancer ( possibly awaiting big plans )

1979 LC lancer ( other daily )

1968 VE valiant safari wagon ( EOI $1800 ONO )

2007 Nissan pathfinder (daily )

GD Galant, hothouse green ( hopefully finished.... Some time....)