Motor Swaps - Not the usual ones

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
valitank

Motor Swaps - Not the usual ones

Post by valitank »

Just thinking about a few quirky engine swaps...

What would it take to put a 4D56 Diesel in? A mate has a Triton with one of these motors and gets respectable fuel economy despite having big tires.. I'd imagine in a more aerodynamic sigma - as apposed to a triton would surely mean that the thing will be economical.

Also what about the SOHC 4g63 out of a FWD mid ninetys Galant.. The EFI one? Should be somewhat economical right?

As you could possibly tell the idea is to make a GE somewhat economical, and I think the way to do this is to ditch the old astron, despite being a somewhat robust motor.
geezer101

Re: Motor Swaps - Not the usual ones

Post by geezer101 »

The astron is a good torquey engine but like all engines, they have pluses and minuses. As for the SOHC 4G63 as an option - this gets putted about the site from time to time. I added this onto a thread not that long ago - http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 38#p102838 Food for thought 8-) The 4G63 came as a RWD option so I'd be sourcing one and adding the EFI gear onto it as it'll simplify the set up.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

The 4g63 dohc will bolt in with import sigma engine mounts... But! That doesn't mean it will run in that car... You will need a flipped plenum as once the engine is spun, the tb is at the firewall. You will then need to relocate the thermostat. Jayracing.com do a kit for that, along with an alternator one as it needs to be put on the other side of the block.

Then you could use a sohc l200 water pump so it's suited to rwd. Otherwise an elbow from a landcruiser will do :)

That's just the start! You will then need to do a custom loom. To run the galant ecu in the sigma.

That's pretty much it... As for the exhaust. Just get one made up. Tuned lengthed on a dyno :) other than that. Just fiddly shit like an air filter box of you want one. Etc etc
N/A ALL THE WAY
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

just put it on gas.
Insert witty one liner here -->
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Buy a Triton 2WD donor car and fit all the gear (it all just bolts in!). You have either a choice of the 4G64 2.4 SOCH 16V or the 6G72 3.0 V6.
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

GLANT

Post by GLANT »

Economical reasons id go gas..
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)