distant between crank pulley and front stablizer bar

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
pigdog85

distant between crank pulley and front stablizer bar

Post by pigdog85 »

hey guys, so in the final stages of finishing the engine bay off , things are getting nice and clean and bits painted , got a new radiator on its way . but quick question . when pulling off the belt from the crank there's next to no room between the pulley and bar, its not touching but had to yank the belt out, and getting it back in that way doesn't seem likely . thinking when we converted from auto to manual the new cross member is pulling the box up a few mm to high hence bringing the front down that touch lower. just wondering if someone can grab me a measurement between the 2 , my thought was just to chuck a few nice thick washers on the crossmember to drop the box the couple mm it seems off by . if not any other suggestions or theory's ?? ill throw some pics up once the new radiator is all bolted up and i scrub the bay some more . :D
fridgeGB

Re: distant between crank pulley and front stablizer bar

Post by fridgeGB »

I know mine is in a galant and not a siggy, but when I put the 2.6 into my GB there was the same clearance issue. To fix it I just have 2 engine mount spacers. There are only a few mm thick and are the same shape as the engine mount brackets. Basically just 1 big washer lol. This way it lifts the motor from the front instead of trying to force it up. May not be the option for you but it's just what worked for me. Good luck :thumpsup:
Billsy

Re: distant between crank pulley and front stablizer bar

Post by Billsy »

thats normal, i had that with several siggys.
never had one touch, but the belt was a bit of a yank to get through the gap
Insert witty one liner here -->