new engine for my 77 GE

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
kal666

new engine for my 77 GE

Post by kal666 »

Hey guys after some ideas of what engine to put in my new 77 GE the astron is a bit tired, I was thinking 4g93t or something along those lines anyone got any cool suggestions?
To make the impossible possible you simply have to be awesome
75glnt

Re: new engine for my 77 GE

Post by 75glnt »

Quad tb dohc 4g63?

Twin sidedraught webber dohc 4g63?

One of those 6g v6s?

A v6 from an fto?

Supercharged sohc 4g63?

I can't think of any more cool ones?

What about!? Supercharged and turbocharged! There's a 2.6 on here that has it... Well. Pics anyway.
N/A ALL THE WAY
kal666

Post by kal666 »

Haha my bad 93 doesnt work any good suggestions?
kal666

Post by kal666 »

Thanks mate all those sound awesome haha v6 from a fto would be mad
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Haha yea.. They are nuts!

Apparently a very hard thing to do though
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

This is what you are looking for kal666.

Bolt in RWD Engine Upgrades

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

for simple grunt stick with an astron - and tickle it up a bit
cheater
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I'm with cheaterparts on this one.....you can get huge grunt (in comparison to other 4cyl's anyway) with a 4G54....plus you don't have to worrry about complex/expensive conversions and don't have to worry about the registration or engineers certificate

Twin carb or ITB is always a winner for a Sigma IMO...the retro look and induction sound always turns heads in a static car show, cruising on the street or howling up the main straight on a race track
Built with pride, Driven in anger
kal666

Post by kal666 »

Hey mate yeah I might stick with the 4g54 an just give it a spruce up you know of any places I can get pistons cam an gasket mit?
A112H

Post by A112H »

6A series engines from Galants and FTO's can't be mounted RWD :(
I would love a 6A13TT in the Scorpion :@
Gazzav

Post by Gazzav »

Your local machine shop bloke will be able to get all the bits you need. The only drama was the cam. I sent mine to watson racing cams in sydney. They did a great job. I went twin carbys, 40 thou bore, full ballance, big cam ( 26-66 ) . Removed ballance shafts and its unreal for the little 4 banger!! I could have gone more but first year apprentice at the time I did what I could afford ;)
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

kal666 wrote:Hey mate yeah I might stick with the 4g54 an just give it a spruce up you know of any places I can get pistons cam an gasket mit?
Gazzav wrote:Your local machine shop bloke will be able to get all the bits you need. The only drama was the cam. I sent mine to watson racing cams in sydney. They did a great job. I went twin carbys, 40 thou bore, full ballance, big cam ( 26-66 ) . Removed ballance shafts and its unreal for the little 4 banger!! I could have gone more but first year apprentice at the time I did what I could afford ;)
Kal666 as Gazzav has said your machine shop guys will get your bits if you cant find them anywhere else

I even will have trouble with cams as my cam guy has retyred - I'm still trying to find out what he did with the last of his unground billets
you will find the biggest things to make a 2.6 go is to get it to breath
magna head and twin webers are your best frends

my 2.6 runs a ported magna head with a bit over 11 - 1 comp - twin 45 mm webers ( to small ) a 45-71 inlet and 85-45 ex cam with 107.5 lobe sep
removed balance shafts - lightened flywheel ( bit over 4 kg ) a lightened polished crankshaft - polished and peaned conrods with ARP bolts
custom made 1 3/4 " 4 into 1 header and a 2 1/2 exhaust
under drive crank pully and larger alt pulley to slow both water pump and alt down

it will pull over 7000 in all gears including 5th with a 3.9 diff that zipping right along by the way
cheater
Gazzav

Post by Gazzav »

Kal666 if you are going to stay with the 2.6 I have a trick head in the shed hasnt been on a car in 10 years now so could go with a service but it has double valve springs and a large cam. im not sure on the specs now as it was long ago but it was great! When I did my last build I wanted to stay with the 2litre so I didnt use the head again. If your interested anyway.
kal666

Post by kal666 »

Thanks for all your replies ive got it sorted now!! Cheers mate how much are you after for the head?? I have a 2litre atm looking to upgrade to a 2.6
Gazzav

Post by Gazzav »

$100 + p&h I guess if your keen mate. Ill try get out to where it is today and grab a few pics of it if you like bud. I imagine a courier might be cheeper to mildura than post??
Gazzav

Post by Gazzav »

$100 + p&h I guess if your keen mate. Ill try get out to where it is today and grab a few pics of it if you like bud. I imagine a courier might be cheeper to mildura than post??
kal666

Post by kal666 »

Yeah mate interested in it for 100 can you send me some pictures to kalesdrifting@live.com or you could send me pictures to my mobile
kal666

Post by kal666 »

Yeah an courier would probably be cheaper mate either to 3496 redcliffs victoria or broken hill 2880 nsw im back an forth atm