Gk sigma 5 stud conversion

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
s4sig

Gk sigma 5 stud conversion

Post by s4sig »

Hey dudes,, I'm building a gk sigma and plan to put a 302 v8 in it and I want to convert the wheel studs from 4 stud to Holden 5 stud,, what's the easiest way to do this?? I've been looking for threads but can't find any,, if you've done this before let me know what you've done or if you know any links or threads please post (: cheers
If im going to hell, im going in a Sigma.
75glnt

Re: Gk sigma 5 stud conversion

Post by 75glnt »

I know hopper stoppers do au series 3 conversions. But they're ford. And expensive!
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

For the front, I have heard of people using trailer hubs.
They sell them with either Ford of Holden stud patterns, and for either Ford or Holden bearings.
Sigma bearings are the same as Ford, but Ford have longer stub axles.
Machine the inside of the hub back so the outside bearing is the correct length for the Sigma stub axle, drop on you disc of choice, and you're half way there.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
simon

Post by simon »

If you want to use ford stud pattern ,You can use xa falcon drum brake hubs with holden bearings then there are different disc/caliper options you can go with
Simon
A112H

Post by A112H »

Diff is easy, get a BW78 from a VL, might need to be narrowed but might not. Would depend on what wheels you are running I would think.
Then you will get disc brake rear and the option of a limited slip centre.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

You mind if I ask why you're wanting a Holden stud pattern in particular??

Is it an engineering requirement (to use a Holden setup specifically)?
Do you have Holden parts in your posession already and just want to use them to keep costs down?
Is there a particular set of wheel you want to use that don't come in a Ford stud pattern?

Just an odd request as you have already used Ford componentry....espesially when Ford componentry is (on a general basis) a cheaper/easier/more common option to 'adapt' to.

You may be able to use VB-VL struts and hubs on the front...then you're able to use factory ventilated front rotors and adapt twin piston calipers (if that's the path you're heading down)
Built with pride, Driven in anger
A112H

Post by A112H »

Also, Ford uses the same stud patter as Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Mazda so there is a much larger range of wheels available.
s4sig

Post by s4sig »

Thanks for the advice guys,, I planned to put Holden ceptors on my sig,, so vb-vl struts are the way to go?? For the front?? Not that fussed about the rear because I've got a 9 inch that's going in it,

Would the vb-vl struts go straight in?? Or do I have to modify them?
If im going to hell, im going in a Sigma.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Only the Commodore inserts fit in you struts, not the entire Commonwhore strut
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but how much lower does the Commodore strut drop the ride height by (as opposed to a lowered Sigma?)
Built with pride, Driven in anger