Did any Sigma come out with a bonnet emblem?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
sigmadan

Did any Sigma come out with a bonnet emblem?

Post by sigmadan »

Hey guys, just wondering, a mate of mine said he once saw a grandpa in a clean Sigma with a bonnet emblem, he doesnt know much about Sigmas so not sure which model it was (possibly a GJ) but does anyone know if any Sigma came out standard with a bonnet emblem?

I have seen a few go for sale on ebay, such as one that just said SE with a red background, and there is one on ebay at the moment with the Mitsubishi logo.

Id like to throw one on a GK but not sure if it will fit because of the slight hump/raise in the middle straight down the bonnet. Has anyone fitted one to a GK??

Cheers.. :thumpsup:
colta51

Re: Did any Sigma come out with a bonnet emblem?

Post by colta51 »

ge model sigmas had them but i think only on the SE ones..?
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
webby

Post by webby »

My GE Scorpion has one, don't know about the Sigma's though. Maybe hunt around on the internet looking for pictures?
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
brendon

Post by brendon »

Yeah can confirm GE SE (luxury) not sure about other sigmas... maybe super saloon??
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

The only Sigma I've seen them on is the GE SE as already mentioned. The emblem actually has SE in the middle and it matches the logo in the centre of the SE hubcaps. I wouldn't be surprised if Mitsibushi left a couple on real early GH Sigmas when they started making them but I could be wrong. Here's a pic:

woops

Post by woops »

Here's a close up pic of a brand new one I had previously but sold it to one of the members to replace his original one one. It was on a GE SE model and is similar to the ones on the valiant but just much smaller.

'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
john116

Post by john116 »

The "SE" designation was a Chrysler thing. It was used on Australian Valiants (high end models) and on American Plymouths and Chryslers as well.

In October 1980 when Mitsubishi bought out Chrysler Australia, the SE bonnet emblem disappeared off the cars. Mitsubishi had no license to continue using it, as it was trademarked by Chrysler.

So GH Sigma's made under the Chrysler banner had the bonnet emblem, but Mitsubishi GH's did not. No other Sigmas ever had a bonnet emblem.

Scorpions had bonnet emblems (not the SE badge), as did the Magna Elite of 1985-1990 vintage.

John