totalled sigma :(

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
bth

totalled sigma :(

Post by bth »

Sorry mckenzie, if you see this. It would be very difficult to see hundreds of your hours poured into a car that gets written off during a hit and run. I myself put many countless hours in the 4 or so short weeks i had the car. It was my baby, i loved it and i really appreciated the car.

What happened: Driving along, and an xr6 turbo lost control, hit me in the front right side sending my into a street lamp, a sign, fencing and i avoided a telegraph pole by less then a meter. I escaped the car incredibly quick and when i went up to the side of the road, i saw the woman that hit me speeding off.. Very bland explanation but i don't know if im allowed to go into too much detail. I was NOT in fault, the lady driving the xr6 was. She crashed her car later down the road. I managed to avoid serious injury and walked away with two stitches above my right eye

This was a beautiful car...
in a few short seconds..
tandanus

Re: totalled sigma :(

Post by tandanus »

Ohh man :(
Glad youre reasonably OK.
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

awww man that is so depressing I really like that car

that would probably reduce me to tears if it was my car
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
drsigma

Post by drsigma »

Oh No Sorry to see this crashed! :( To think i was going to buy this at one stage. :(
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

that sucks man id be so devo, sounds like the lady is in abit of trouble
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Awwww no! :(

loved that car... was so neat.

Good to hear your okay though ( looks dramatic from the pics?)
-So the dip-sh%$ in the falcon has been charged? or is this in the process of happening?

...Hope your not too cut up mate, that was one nice GE...
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi bth
im glad your ok lucky to walk out of that one?.

Just the other day i was looking at your car pics & i was thinking what a nice mint looking GE Sigma yellow with the black stripe a very smart looking granny machine?.

Im very sorry to hear this & shocked at the photos of the result you just don't no whats around the corner Sh...t? i hope you get the insurance money & pickup another neat car? i hope the sigma god was watching you & he should send you a mint replacement... car i hope?.

& MOST OF ALL I HOPE THAT XR6 IS DEAD & GOING TO BE CRUSHED??? :@ for killing such a lovely early siggy shame shame 8o|

I feel your pain & anger sorry to hear the bad news :( wayne & steven ozgdgalants
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

Its not the XR6's fault its the stupid Muppet that was driving it and unfortunately the falc will be crushed
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Glad your OK dude but it crushing to see another nice sig bight the dust.
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

awe man i know the feeling my siggy got totalled by a volvo driver at the start of the year. hope all goes well with it.
Samual
bth

Post by bth »

Hey guys,

I really appreciate all the comments! The police said i must have had the gods watching down on me, and i really believe that. The sigma god? definitely.

Its all in the process of going through police and stuff. I believe my small claims isnt as important as her actual drink driving and running me off the road, so she'll most like be hit with a huuuggee fine, and possibly asked to pay me compensation money by the judge, and/or i have to go chasing her up for the money.

Im going to the tow yard on wednesday to pay for the tow. If anyone wants it for $500, its theirs, just call me 0411893941. Make an offer even? the seats are stil lall in mint condition, as is the rear half of the car. All glass is in tact too. This is a 1978 GE sigma. Its in park ridge..

Im still in a bit of shock after the accident, but ill post up some of the damage that i did at the scene, street lights, ect.

Thanks again guys! It really does suck to see such a mint car be totalled :(

peace,

bth
tubby

Post by tubby »

This sucks replacing a mint ge will be practically impossible whereas finding another dickhead in a falcon is as easy as walking out your door, sorry about your loss
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
A112H

Post by A112H »

Have you seen the one shuggy is flogging off? I think you could ship that pretty cheap and fit your motor and box to it.
I think with a good mop and polish that GE of Shuggs will come up pretty sweet.
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

:( oh man poor car :( im sorry man
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

RIP GE - another piece of Mitsi History lost to a car with fibreglass and airbags :(
sharmo

Post by sharmo »

Heaps Unluckly mate :(
i also rode off my sigma which was my pride and joy,
i hope u decide to rebuilt it, i could not let my car go to the scrap yards.
Who would of thought a Kia Rio could keep a off the road for 11weeks,
iT was increbily hard to find the parts, however having my siggy back is undescribable
i hope u do the same, it is well worth it