All Mitsubishi Day in SA??

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Shifta

All Mitsubishi Day in SA??

Post by Shifta »

Ok, why hasn't this been done before and why don't we get onto it? It would be great publicity for the forum if SG was part of the committee and from early Mitsis to imports, we would not struggle for a turn out.......
jvflash

Re: All Mitsubishi Day in SA??

Post by jvflash »

Great idea.
A112H

Post by A112H »

I like the idea, but think we would need to rule that there has to be drive to the rear wheels. Either RWD or AWD. I love my car and I love most old Mitsu's but I couldn't do a day full of Magna's and CC Lancers with Evo front bars.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Sorry Jase but the FWD cars would be the bread and butter of the show - we would need their entries to boost numbers and pay for the thing! Besides, they will only make our cars look that much cooler :). I love the All Jap Day concept though - no competitions, no judging, just a good day out enjoying the cars :).

Seriously though, any idea what it costs to hire that oval at the Bay?
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah, the concept is a winner and would have to stay. I guess I can deal with the evo wanna be's in their hairdressers Lancers and Mum's Mirage.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Seems like the perfect topic to discuss around a certain caravan, in a certain paddock, maybe with a beer and a bonfire. Hint, hint :thumpsup:
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

A112H wrote:Seems like the perfect topic to discuss around a certain caravan, in a certain paddock, maybe with a beer and a bonfire. Hint, hint :thumpsup:
Couldn't agree more with Jason on that one.

As fo hiring a venue, best to ring the council and discuss with them things like cost and availability.
The Bay although good, may not be the best or cheapest place. thee may be other alternatives.

Then you have to spread the word and get on as many Mitsi related forum's as possible to get the numbers you need to cover cost's if any.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

jvflash

Post by jvflash »

What's wrong with the MMAL Tonsley car park? Have vendors (coffee, lunch etc) set up in the small car park and display the cars in the large carpark? Small grassed area for picnics etc if required.
A112H

Post by A112H »

I was thinking it would be cool to make it a river dealy-o, like Mannum or something? It is only 45 mins from the City and would be a great place for a bevvy or three and a sleep over. Also, my Brother is up there every weekend with his jetski and or boat :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Ha ha, good stuff guys. the inaugral meeting of the All Mitsi Day show committe shall be held approx 20mins from Murray Bridge in a paddock. Minutes will be written up on the bonnett of a dusty brown GSR Sigma :).

That might work Flashy, although that car park is a bit of an eye-sore and the turf isn't really that nice :(
A112H

Post by A112H »

Maybe organise a big cruise from MMAL to Mannum, lol
I think if we made it on a weekend where there was other stuff on up that way you would get a pretty good turn out. Also, as I have accepted, most of the entrants would be late model Lancers, Magnas and 380's so they wouldn't mind the drive
A112H

Post by A112H »

Okay, so can I take it we have our 4 committee members?
shifta
jvflash
GB-BB4C
A112H
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

I dunno Jase, I love the river but the first couple of shows would need to be local. Especially if want to attract race cars like Steve Knight's Evo's etc which need trailering. I reckon the first show should be central and simple. If successful we can expand. I'm keen for a spot on committee. Jokes aside, MB is too far but the Chrysler Bar is nice and close for me and Mike and they have beer :)
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Shifta wrote:I dunno Jase, I love the river but the first couple of shows would need to be local. Especially if want to attract race cars like Steve Knight's Evo's etc which need trailering. I reckon the first show should be central and simple. If successful we can expand. I'm keen for a spot on committee. Jokes aside, MB is too far but the Chrysler Bar is nice and close for me and Mike and they have beer :)
Don't drink beer, but like the fact that it not far from home.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

A112H

Post by A112H »

Okay, so what are we talking? I think we need to jump on this ASAP, it has gotta take atleast 12 months to get it up and running nice and smoothly.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Things to think about;
Are we talking Mitsubishi badged cars only? Or car we allow things like a GB hardtop with Dodge badges?
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

Okay, all Masonic Lodges have BBQ so we can organise with them to be the starting points from all available districts. They will put on a breakfast and coffee for entrants who pay for what they eat / drink. So long as we can guarantee some funds (through sales of egg sangers) I am sure thay will be onboard.

This means all districts have a rallying point say at 10am - 11am depending on distance to rendezvous point.

The rendezvous point needs to be some ovel that cars can drive on, such as Bice Oval at Christies Beach. Need to keep it metro for first run or may lose participants.

The entry fee will need to cover Oval hire and token gift bag.

MMAL will support the event so long as they are not the organisers. I can help, but cannot be helping as an official MMAL employee, okay.

Feedback?
Last edited by jvflash on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

A112H wrote:Things to think about;
Are we talking Mitsubishi badged cars only? Or car we allow things like a GB hardtop with Dodge badges?
Harsh... but fair. There is a mitsi badge on the grill... Does that count??

jvflash

Post by jvflash »

We need to have an open mind, but we also need to consider whether we want this to be an "Aussie Mitsubishi Day" or a "Free for All Mitsubishi Day".

Who wants to park next to a Delica?

I recommend Available through Mitsubishi Australia or its predecessor company Chrysler Australia pre-1980
A112H

Post by A112H »

GB_BB4C wrote:
A112H wrote:Things to think about;
Harsh... but fair. There is a mitsi badge on the grill... Does that count??
lol, yes it does.

I think it would cool to include all cars that rolled out of Tonsley Park and all imports with a triple diamond badge. Draw the line at 1970 Dodge Chargers and the like but Aussie Valiants, Chryslers and Mitsubishis are all okay with me.
Hotwire

Post by Hotwire »

as if you rule out grey imports....

IMHO if you want this to work, it should be all things mitsubishi! If someone wants to enter a Delica, let them I say. Shows the diversity that MMC have, not just the magna & Lancer which 95% of the public see as "mitsubishis"

Keep the same as All Japan Day - No Judging, No awards, no bullshit! this includes no goody bags. AJD can do it for $10 a car at wiggley reserve as costs there are very reasonable - Falcon GT Club Display Day has been there for near on a decade now for the same reason. AND its easy to get a good turnout there as its central. Look at any show at Christies Beach, North or Birdwood etc and you wont get spectators other than die hard fans. You want to promot mitsubishi's, have it at the bay.

I'd be happy to feed ideas and help out but couldnt committ to being on the committee
A112H

Post by A112H »

I wasn't ruling out grey imports.
What I was getting out is if we let local 70's Chryslers in doesn't mean we should let all 70's Chryslers in.
Pretty much every thing that crossed the Tonsley driveway and all imports with a triple diamond badge
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

jvflash wrote:We need to have an open mind, but we also need to consider whether we want this to be an "Aussie Mitsubishi Day" or a "Free for All Mitsubishi Day".

Who wants to park next to a Delica?

I recommend Available through Mitsubishi Australia or its predecessor company Chrysler Australia pre-1980

You can always catergorise the cars....how many V6 commodores with HSV bodykits would u expect to see at a holden show

Or how many falcons u see at a ford show?????

Personally you should to see the diverse range of cars Mitsubishi brought and we've wanted to own with pride, be it a Sigma, Delica, Magna or Lancer....does it really matter?????

If you're really dead set keen to keep the cars grouped, then work out how many cars ur expecting on the day....then work out how much room that 'catergory' of cars require, and go from there....that way, the only things next to a delica is another delica
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

My 2 cents:

The Bay would be great as it is central and you’ll get people looking just because it’s there

I reckon the criteria should reflect the full history of Mitsubishi right from 1962 through to 2012. This would include all Chrysler and Dodge badged Galants etc and all imports of any description. If there is a link to the Mitsubishi name, even if it’s a stretch, it’s in. A bloke with a Charger wouldn’t want to associate himself with a Mitsubishi show anyway :). We would need to regulate quality though unless it’s unique ie. we wouldn’t knock back a 65 Colt 500 just cause it’s a rust bucket :)

I like the AJD no fuss approach – no goodie bags, no prizes. Somehow AJD manage to get that oval and still raise money for charity.

Out of interest, the Old School New Age show has moved from Bice Oval to Morphett Vale oval this year for the first time – I wonder why…..

I could be a tad naive but I don't think this would take much to do.
1. Pick a name
2. Pick a date
3. Book the oval
4. Spread the word like crazy
5. Arrange volunteers on the day to help with parking the cars etc

AJD has a good website and email process so we may need something similar. I guess I could handle email applications through admin@oldcolts.com.au in the interim and maybe set up a page like www.oldcolts.com.au/INSERT SHOW NAME.html but it would be fairly basic as I aint no web desginer! it would probably work though and it would be free.....
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

I am happy to run with your 2c exercise Shifta. However the organiser will need event insurance. This is to cover accident damage (people/ property) while vehicles under instruction by those helping out, cancellation, and anything else that happens on the oval to cause injury or damage. Also may need police involvement as we could block Jetty Road / Anzac Hwy with cars entering the event.

Or we could just organise it like a Zippel Cruise just for Mitsubishi Owners / Enthusiasts and have the rally point and rendezvous point as public access car parks? This would be the cheapest method and build interest without any outlay of funds.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zippel-Cr ... 130?v=info
http://www.letsgocruisin.com.au/zippel-cruise.html
tubby

Post by tubby »

FUSO trucks too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ban:
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
A112H

Post by A112H »

Not so squeezy
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Best to contact the people who run the AJD and ask them some question's.

A112H

Post by A112H »

Good thinking, I will see if I can catch up with Kris this week
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah contacting the AJD guys is a great idea - hopefully they don't think we are trying to steal their thunder! Once we get a plan going, maybe we can invite one member from each of the various clubs/forums like the Cordia/Starion/Mitsubishi forums to join the committee? I'm keen for us to run and own the whole thing to be honest but it might help to get numbers if we have the Magna rice brigade on board..... lol :)