Sigma / Scorpion Grounding Strap

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
RTFM

Sigma / Scorpion Grounding Strap

Post by RTFM »

Hi All,

Does anyone know where the grounding strap is for the Sigma (scorpion)? I cant seem to find one. (running through possible grounding issues)

Is there a grounding strap?

The engine mounds appear to be solid metal, are these enough?

Cheers,
A112H

Re: Sigma / Scorpion Grounding Strap

Post by A112H »

Normally the earth will come from the battery to the body then to the engine. I am not sure about the Sigma's or Scorpion's but the Galant's have a small wire from the back of the block to the fire wall also.
I have my battery in the boot so have it earthed from battery to body and then engine block to body.
If you are adding a strap just make sure you secure both ends to unpainted steel not alloy :thumpsup:
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I always thought the earth strap (on the GJ's at least) was the passenger side bonnet hinge.........could be mistaken tho....i'm going from a vague memory
Built with pride, Driven in anger
SIC082

Post by SIC082 »

Yep Scorpma82 your memory is correct my GJ has the strap from bonnet hinge to top of guard.
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

The ground strap on my two GK Scorpions is from the gearbox to the chassis. This is also how it is pictured in the corresponding Sapporo workshop manual.
tubby

Post by tubby »

the earth on my gh scorp goes from the battery to the body (near the battery) then to the engine. mine doesn't have one on the bonnet hinge. my gn also has the same setup
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan