Breaking the rules

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
TR11KY

Breaking the rules

Post by TR11KY »

Broke the rules a while back and bought a new daily that most wouldnt call such a thing. For $14K i wasnt gunna walk past it.

Spent 3.5K on it to get:
Bodykit (one of a kind just arrived)
Carbon Hood
FMIC kit with BOV (on its way)
Coil Packs & Iridium Plugs
Stereo (to be installed)

Its a great ride i really do enjoy it and the missus absolutely loves it so it's usually in her hands. But anyway my point, and i encourage you to share if your keen is are there any of you guys out there flying the flag for the siggys and galants but simply fobbing the daily aside that most would be insanely claiming as the FULLY SICK BEST EVER ride???

I openly stated at the R34 GTR cruise and on SAU that this is my daily and make no shame in letting people know my SIGMA is my pride n joy!!!! I even point out it has more power and half the weight of the Skyline :lol: :lol: :lol: It may not have the sex appeal or the handling of the skyline but there's no question which one i'd sell if i had to choose. I'd keep the SIGMA every time.... 8-)

i know turbogj260 is one such case with is GT at home (show us mate!) but anyone else???
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
psshhhht

Re: Breaking the rules

Post by psshhhht »

very nice! only 14K? sweet!

There's one almost identical that cruises around here, a middle aged lady drives it - the first time I saw it, it was coming from behind me and so I thought it was a genuine GTR for s second, then I saw the rear doors hehe.
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

At least you are putting the kids bedroom to good use ;)

Reminds me of my spare room, its full of car bits :roll:
TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

just dont tell my son hahahahaha

so anyone else got some nutter daily's tucked away? i remember theo's magna sports spun me out back in the day. My now ex wife always wanted one of those....

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

My daily drive is at the other end of the spectrum, it's a 1963 landrover series 2a ute 2.25 litre 4 cylinder with the hardtop on.

Totally original (meaning it needs lots of repairs and brakes and tyres aside hasn't been worked on), no power steering, no synchro for 1st and 2nd gears, 13 inch drum brakes all round with no booster, top speed is now 50 mph due to fairley overdrive being fitted, heavy duty suspension means you need a kidney belt.

The front wheels arn't fitted with free wheeling hubs so the fronts live even when not in 4x4.

It has a generator not an alternator, and can be hand cranked started if you really desperate.

It has a seperate starter button to the ignition switch, and 4 gear selectors, practically unstealable unless you're driven one before (yes I've watched some kids try to steal it when the keys were left in the ignition, had a friend wait up the road just in case they figured it out, it was so funnny to watch these kids freaking and trying to quietly work it out - it squeaks more than a rusty coil bed - when they realised they were being laughed at, and filmed, priceless...)

The turning circle on it is so bad that I cant turn tight enough when negotiating the cheltenham southland carpark multi level ramps, and have to drive OVER the concrete dividing curb and back again, at some points to get around the corner - much to the horror of oncoming cars, lols.

It's truly an off road vehicle, when off road it out performs, (both in climbing, traction and bull dozer type ability), vehicles that are 40 years newer.

Oh and the expression of those women that drive monstrous 4x4's down the middle of the road in carparks when the see the thing and decide they'ld better make way is priceless.

:)

ps

My 1984 sigma is the newest car I ever bought.
Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Lowmion wrote: Oh and the expression of those women that drive monstrous 4x4's down the middle of the road in carparks when the see the thing and decide they'ld better make way is priceless.
Haha yeah, I know that expression well, this is what my father has driven since before i was born.
TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

hahaha i love your work! :lol:

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
Sideshow

Post by Sideshow »

my daily is an ss ute. typical bogan transport. holden. v8. ute. i bought it brand new in '06 and now that the lancer is starting to come along it wont be too long until i've spent more on it than the ute. and in the terms of power, the lancer will have slightly less power than the ute, but it is 600kg's lighter, so that will be fun.
Insert Philosophical Self Awareness Statement Here

'74 LA 2Dr Lancer (The Racer)
'05 SSZ Ute (The Street/Tow Car)

Its hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Don't know about it being my daily, as this is my pride and joy :oops:

It's a 2002 Holden WH Statesman International, have had the car for about a hear now and in my time it's only seen 17,000km's. When I purchased it, it only had 80,000km's on it so for it's age its got bugger all k's.

I've had an aftermarket intake installed, and had it retuned to give me a little more oomph.

I think some people will spin in their grave if they knew my Siggy Turbo was a daily hahaha.

webby

Post by webby »

Those Statos are pretty cool
No such luck for me, I've got a bucket-o-shit TP Magna now. I had an '84 Corona with an injected NA 3TGE, but a Mack truck decided it was hungry and ate it :cry: Lucky I was off in the bush having a piss lol
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
DVSGAL

Post by DVSGAL »

Lowmion wrote: The turning circle on it is so bad that I cant turn tight enough when negotiating the cheltenham southland carpark multi level ramps, and have to drive OVER the concrete dividing curb and back again, at some points to get around the corner - much to the horror of oncoming cars, lols.
Please Tell me which area you usualy park, so I NEVER EVER park there again :lol:
Everytime I leave work (yes, I work there lol) there is always a new dint/bump added to the southland shoppers cant park collection! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My poor van :(
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

cool, what part of southy do you work at? I'm there ever so often when I visit my mate. Don't know what it is about Southy though, seems all the worst parkers shop there!
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

Heh, if I rubbed against any vehicle with Hannah (the 4x4) the damage would be slightly more than a scratch.

It's usually parked on level 5.
Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........