Calder Park Raceway/Dance floor

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
S1GMARE

Calder Park Raceway/Dance floor

Post by S1GMARE »

What happend to this place???
Does anybody know if the drag strip will be used for events other than rave parties?? Like maybe, this might sound crazy, but Drag Racing.

If so when will it be open for legal off-street?
COBWBS

Re: Calder Park Raceway/Dance floor

Post by COBWBS »

Bob jane pulled the pin.

After the track works they wanted a heap of safety requirements fixed, was gonna cost him 2 much and after losing his princess wife he cant afford shizz. LOL
Formerly known as QIKSIG
2.6 Turbo 72 GA Galant on straight LPG
77 Lancer
stealth

Post by stealth »

not to metion the krudd goverment has zero interest in anything motorsport
so anotherone bites the dust
cheers stealth
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

Its funny how the bureaucrats want to reduce the number of"hoons" yet do very little to support a place like Calder Park for those that do want to do the right thing :roll:
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

COBWBS wrote:Bob jane pulled the pin.
After the track works they wanted a heap of safety requirements fixed, was gonna cost him 2 much and after losing his princess wife he cant afford shizz. LOL
OH&S sort of stuffed thing up I was told

we had state race rounds cancelled and it seams that the OH&S wonted a sh!t load
of stuff done
cheater
S1GMARE

Post by S1GMARE »

I heard Bob Jane only spent a fraction of what the government gave him to fix the track.
I'm sure a few $$$$$ found its way into his pocket to finance his/lady friends lifestyle. :lol:
Even if the grant fell short, BJ hasn't spent a cent on that place in the last 15 years?
Isn't there some rich prick Baby Boomer to buy out the track?

At least there's still Sandown... Oh I forgot they don't let sigmas on the track or any car unless your a personal friend of Jon Davidson. Or spend $300 to do a 1 min burnout and wait 3 hours for 20mins worth of bumper to bumper cruising in a one-off event a year, (Easternats).
If the Police weren't impounding cars, it would be cheaper to do it on the street and just pay the fine if caught.

Heathcote is great but I need to tow my car every time, being over 2 hours away from SE Melbourne. Trailer $120+, Fuel $100, entry $50, food and junk. It's already exceeding the price of most sigmas on Ebay.
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

S1GMARE wrote: At least there's still Sandown... Oh I forgot they don't let sigmas on the track or any car unless your a personal friend of Jon Davidson.
we dont have to many problems with sandown there is 2 state race rounds there and a shit load of sprint days

maybe you should look at going around corners there are lots of venues

PI - sandown - winton
cheater
S1GMARE

Post by S1GMARE »

cheaterparts wrote:
S1GMARE wrote: At least there's still Sandown... Oh I forgot they don't let sigmas on the track or any car unless your a personal friend of Jon Davidson.
we dont have to many problems with sandown there is 2 state race rounds there and a shit load of sprint days

PI - sandown - winton
Cool. Let us know when they are on.
Can just anyone turn up on the day or do you need to be a member of a club,Celebrity etc?
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

A good mate of mine works at Calder park and it's had millions spent on it's renovations in the last 3 years, however there's been a combination of factors hindering it's potential including questionable management, disgruntled ex-employees causing trouble and a very strict (epxensive) set of safety regulations to conform to.

and as for their raves, from what i've heard of a recent one... an ambulance was called every 25 minutes to attend someone who's overdosed, several of these people died. several rape accusations (not just by girls either), group sexual assault. that sort of thing.....I think i'll remain distant from the rave scene.
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

TUFSIG wrote:
Frosty wrote:A good mate of mine works at Calder park and it's had millions spent on it's renovations in the last 3 years, however there's been a combination of factors hindering it's potential including questionable management, disgruntled ex-employees causing trouble and a very strict (epxensive) set of safety regulations to conform to.

and as for their raves, from what i've heard of a recent one... an ambulance was called every 25 minutes to attend someone who's overdosed, several of these people died. several rape accusations (not just by girls either), group sexual assault. that sort of thing.....I think i'll remain distant from the rave scene.
rape and sexual assult thats shit
so rather then burnouts and legal drags its just become another area for more brutal illegal activites to go down
so shit
Totally agree!

It's the same thing all over the place though. Like in Moe, there's a DECA and they have this sweet little track as part of their complex (I did work experience there a few years ago and got to drive around the track at one stage) but when I talked to the manager about what would be needed to hire the track etc, he basically said it doesn't happen much by motoring groups because the insurance cost is so high.. However it's been a few years now, so i might have another chat to him and see he says and confirm some details, maybe something could be arranged?
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
DVSGAL

Post by DVSGAL »

so, friday nights at calder is no more???
S1GMARE

Post by S1GMARE »

Frosty wrote:A good mate of mine works at Calder park and it's had millions spent on it's renovations in the last 3 years, however there's been a combination of factors hindering it's potential including questionable management, disgruntled ex-employees causing trouble and a very strict (epxensive) set of safety regulations to conform to.

It makes you wonder how far millions go at that place. What were the ex-employee's doing??
Reading what you wrote about the raves, I can't believe the public call us hoons.
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

cheaterparts wrote: we dont have to many problems with sandown there is 2 state race rounds there and a shit load of sprint days

S1GMARE wrote: Cool. Let us know when they are on.
Can just anyone turn up on the day or do you need to be a member of a club,Celebrity etc?
you need to join a CAMS club and get a 2S licence that all fairly pain less

there are a heap of clubs if its any help I'm a member of FFCC ( ford four car club )
and you dont need a ford to run the cost per year is about $ 45 and I think there was a $ 10 first joining fee
the licence costs about $ 80 for the year - that however is good for hillclimb, sprint days . autocross . Kanacross
most sprint days are multi club so it doesn't matter which CAMS club you join
on top of that any AASA event will aloue you to run with a CAMS licence so that has you covered for sprint days at PI - winton and sandown
of cause then you enter whatever event you wont to run most sprint days are about $130 entry and most sprint format are 3 timed laps ( and a FFCC sandown sprint you get 5 - 6 runs normaly through the day ) and most other clubs are the same
when you are let out on the track there is normaly 1 lap untimed ( warm up ) then 3 timed flying laps and there is about 12 - 16 cars on the track at a time

and I'm not sure when the next sprint is on I how ever am going to sandown sunday week
to watch the state race round and will be lurking around the IPRA guys or standing in the corner of the pits kicking the ground and wondering why I haven't got my car running
cheater
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

do you know what's involved in setting up a CAMS approved car club? Perhaps SG could make one?
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
panda

Post by panda »

psshhhht wrote:do you know what's involved in setting up a CAMS approved car club? Perhaps SG could make one?
Call CAMS & ask the question.
http://www.cams.com.au
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

psshhhht wrote:do you know what's involved in setting up a CAMS approved car club? Perhaps SG could make one?
the first thing to ask is there anyone that would do any motor sport on the forum
on the old forum there were over 1000 punters and there were about 1/2 a dozen that did
any sprints or hillclimbs
there of cause were prob more doing short straight lines

then you need to set up a club and in what state as the forum covers more than one

it is easier to join a club that is already running lets face it there are clubs in everybodys
if however a few guys started running at events then it would be worth posting as things come up so everyone could try to run at the same events
I have met up with a few guys from the austarion forum around the traps
cheater
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

yeah, after I posted my last question I realised it was pretty dumb. :oops: