motor sports thread sg members other haunts

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
TR11KY

motor sports thread sg members other haunts

Post by TR11KY »

ok so my other haunt these days is racing go karts CLubman 100cc. Havent been racing properly for that long but lovin it. This kart was a real heap when i got it, now she's pretty dialled in... Yamaha KT-100S engine known as CLubman it's an animal of an engine compared to others. It's flat out or nothing with these, Direct drive, 4 pot brakes and my new engine fully tuned for some serious competition im lookin forward to a great year! I have C grade AKA licence to run and race it at Manning Valley, Cameron Park and soon Port Macquarie.

Do other members get into motor sport of other forms?
maybe competing in sigmas even like cheeter for instance. What sport, specs and info etc.

I raced TR11KY my siggy turbo efi'd in2009 hillclimb at King Edward Park and will return again this year. I have level 2 speed licence with CAMS enabling me to compete in most events like that, track days etc but until she's finished no events for me. Powercruise, WSID, hillclimbs and a track day are all on the cards.
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
A112H

Re: motor sports thread sg members other haunts

Post by A112H »

Well my son is now getting to the age where he has control of our hobbies, lol. Some may have seen my post in the "whats in your shed" thread a while back about us rebuilding his race boat.
Well he has raced at two meetings now and did very well. His first meet scored 2 seconds and a first for a second on the day. Second meet only got two races in and placed second in both.
His boat is a tunnel hull and runs a 9.9hp Suzuki two stroke. As he is now 12 and a half he can move up to a 15hp but thought the smaller one is a good place to start.
Here is a pic of him in action :)

TR11KY

Re: motor sports thread sg members other haunts

Post by TR11KY »

man that is epic! how fun would that be rippin across the water like a mad man on liquid acid or something!!!

props too ya and thanks for sharing!
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration