Removing windows

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
leoca

Removing windows

Post by leoca »

We want to remove the front/rears from the spare car
Can anyone tell me how to do it please?
Cheers

ps someone can have rest ..but its just a wreck ,less steering box,motor in Bris
A112H

Re: Removing windows

Post by A112H »

If you don't want the rubber or it is damaged you just run a very sharp blade around the window and cut out the lip holding it in.
If you do want to keep the rubber then you will need to remove any interior trim in the way and gently pry the rubber out from the inside. You want the glass to come away from the body with the rubber attached. Start in a corner.
To instal, you put the rubber on the glass and rest in place. Run a thin nylon rope in the rubber where the body would sit. Get inside the car and get someone to apply pressure to the out side of the glass. As you smoothly pull the rope inside the car the rubber should lip over the body. Start at the bottom in the centre. Might take a few shots to get it right :)

If none of this makes sense and you can wait a few days I will be removing the rear glass from a Galant early next week, I will get some 'how to' pics 8-)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Is this removal of windows from a Lancer Hatch?
If so, they aren't held in with a solid rubber.
They are held in with window adhesive rubber that comes in a tube.

From the inside run around the rubber seal and cut. It may take a couple of passes to get all the way through.

For the tailgate it's the same process, but if you have window tint on them it may not survive? Depends how careful you are?

To refit, clean the old adhesive off with a razor blade, and then get some hard setting window sealer. Then you basically just glue away. Use masking tape to hold in position till it dries and you'll be sweet.

Did this answer your question?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
leoca

Post by leoca »

Thank you Dave, yes its LC number 4. I will try that over the weekend...weather permitting...raining so much!
Have a good weekend :D
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Glad I could help...

This weekend should be good, as long as it's cool tomorrow? The other boys on the Newcastle/Sydney Go kart meet will need it to be cooler if they want to keep up with me :P
It's hard work keeping up....

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers