Shipping motor from melbourne to brisbane

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
foR

Shipping motor from melbourne to brisbane

Post by foR »

Im looking at a motor in Melbourne and I live in Brisbane and need it shipped up. Can anyone help me out Ive no clue where to start. I need a door to door service, owner may have engine crane to lift onto truck but am unsure.

Jacob
woops

Re: Shipping motor from melbourne to brisbane

Post by woops »

You would be probably be best to get it strapped down to a pallet and sent via courier. If you did that you would either need to have access to a forklift or order a tail lift truck (which usually costs extra). It may not be worth the expense of getting it transported up here vs finding one locally.

I have personally used www.smartsend.com.au to ship a set of rims and they were the cheapest i could find. I don't know how they would be for sending an engine though but you can do an online quote pretty easily but it's easy enough to check. Otherwise there are a few other different couriers able to find just by google searching.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
rob020

Post by rob020 »

yea dude brisbane shouldnt have any shortage of parts... move to tas and then try to get an engine shipped :p
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
foR

Post by foR »

Haha does anyone know approximate dimensions and weight of a 4g33/32? Think my boss can get it up here
krohny

Post by krohny »

you can measure for yourself, i think they weigh about 150kg from memory.. dont quote me on that though
pistorf

Post by pistorf »

http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do;jsession ... C73220A6E2
Dont worry too much about weight as the go by cubic weight. A parcel I recently shipped was 60x50 40 and it had a cubic weight of something like 240KG.