My excitement for the week...

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
si81gma

My excitement for the week...

Post by si81gma »

Went into John Hunter yesterday afternoon to visit a mate. Trip started well, got into the hospital grounds, my brake pedal started going soft. Next thing, nothing. :banh: Right in front of the main car park. Traffic everywhere on a Friday afternoon, whoops. An older guy offered to tow us out of the way with his small truck. Bad idea, first decides he wants to brake, on a down hill then decideds he wants to do a U-turn, my Sigma, (with no power steering) doesn't have the greatest turning circle and he almost rips my bumper off with the rope. Nine phone calls for a tow truck, abuse from a bus driver and security, all with the hazards on and the bonnet up. Over an hour later the tow truck arrives. I think he was the only guy on a Friday afternoon in a good mood, thank god. $175 and three hours later we get home. Now to fix the bloody thing... :banh: Really glad it didn't happen on the main road at 80km/hr...
leoca

Re: My excitement for the week...

Post by leoca »

That happened to me once with my HK Brougham.Turns out I let the brake fluid run dry.

least you were visiting your friend at hospital thats a real act of charity and full points to you!
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

Fluid's full. Looks like a new master cylinder for me lol. Eventually got back to see my mate, four and a half hours later.. :@
pistorf

Post by pistorf »

All fun and games :o
I had a guy come up from Mittagong to pick up my Telstar that he bought form me.
It was weeing down all week,and we live on a HUUUGGGEE hill.
the poor guy borrowed a Commodore ute from one of his workmates to tow it back.
After the telstar decided it wasn't going to start,we towed it up the hill to roll it onto the trailer.
That was no issue,but when he braked once on the trailer,the ute decided to start sliding down the hill towards a telegraph pole at the end ofthe cul de sac.Behind the pole is a drop of aroun 2 metres into our neighbours front garden. mad panic.
Luckily??,the ute started to slide sideways at the last minute,the lefthand rim catching the drain and mounting the kerb,causing the trailer to jack knife. Luckily,the pole and drop off were missed,but it smashed one of the guys 17" rims and sheared the bolts on the tongue.
We ended up towing the trailer to windsor for the guy.
It bent a rear axle,sheared off 2 wheel nuts,stuffed the rear bumper on the ute,and smashed a rim.
he payed me an extra 150 for fuel to tow it for him.
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

^^^ umm, oops :$
The brake guys says "I'll give you a ring in a couple of days when the parts come in"... Three weeks later I get them. :banh:
Skoob90

Post by Skoob90 »

so any plans to actually put the car back together yet?
Poor sigma, just sitting there watching every other car get driven :(