tps swap

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
13bsigma

tps swap

Post by 13bsigma »

hey guys. i asked on another site, but they are never any help with anything. so i'm hoping you guys might know.

i want to swap the tps on my girlfriends suzuki. is there anything special i need to know about swapping them or is it just a straight swap? no adjusting or fiddeling involved?

cheers guys. i'm hoping someone can help as it is a broader car question, not just suzuki specific. can be related to a magna also i suppose.
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
tango76hardtop

Re: tps swap

Post by tango76hardtop »

mark where the mounting bolts are lined up in relation to the sensor and put the new sensor in the same position because if you have the sensor turned to much one way or another it will effect the idle of the engine making it idle higher or lower
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

I know that with the Lancers & Mirages (CE '96 - '03) there is a set up procedure to tell the ECU the value at idle & then at full throttle.

Your best bet would be getting your hands on a copy of a service manual :)
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

oh. . i have a massive cd on all the suzuki engines. . but its in sydney lol :( maby i should just take it to a mechanic ?? they should know what tro do, and hopefully show me so i know for next time. .

P.S. thanks guys. just proves you are so much better than a lot of other sites out there!
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
genius

Post by genius »

T.P.S Can be a sensitive issue. But on a suzuki I think you will get away with carefully bolting it on by looking at where the old witness marks are and using them as a guide. If you have a multimeter look up the resistance figures on the net and set that way.