FINE

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
epicfail

FINE

Post by epicfail »

hey this next question isnt really that mechanically orientated but was wondering if anybody could help me. I got a parking fine a couple of days ago and the camera had picked up my car 2 days after my rego ran out. I didn't deliberately drive it unregistered for some reason I had Just forgotten I was sure it didnt run out till 10 days after it did but when i checked my rego 2 days after the fine came i discovered that my tags were outta date. The expiation notice i recieved didnt say anything about the expired rego but i am worried that if I was to go pay the fine or try to re register my car wat the implications might be does anybody or has anybody had this expirience or something similar to wat I am talking about ?

the question is :- Do You think that if i go to pay the fine which I inevitably will have to do . they will discover that my car was actually infact out of rego ? it was only out by 2 days so it wasn't like i had been driving it for months. and if so wat the implications of this fact might be

also if i were to try to re register my car like today do u think that the dmv will see that i have a expiation notice that had been incured after the fact that my rego had expired and what implications that may bring as well

any help on this matter as i am doin this at the moment --- > :banh: < --- over this matter Would be greatly appreciated
havocgtr

Re: FINE

Post by havocgtr »

as far as i know it only illegal to drive a unregistered car not park one if they ask how your got it there tell them you were towing it and the trailer got a flat. in QLD you have about 21 days after your rego runs out to pay it up again and MOST of the time they wont bother charging you inside that time frame (although the b'stards will make you walk home AT 2AM IN THE RAIN) besides you can always say the bank was supposed to send them a check but they screwed up thats believeable right?? lol
1981 Scorp NOW Turboed , T04B , Magna Head , Recurved Dizzy , No balance shafts , :D
1992 Triton 2WD + Extractors & 2 1/4" exhaust + 32/36 weber = Daily driver and run around family car
tubby

Post by tubby »

parking fine camera? that sounds weird whatever anyway parking fines are usually issued by the council where the car was parked and your rego is only used as a reference otherwise all unregistered cars on the side of the road would be up for a massive fine. the law states that it is illegal to drive an unregistered vehicle not have one on a property. if a car on a property it is the property owners problem hence the expiation notice, how it got there is irrelevant.
Just call a police general inquiry line and say "hey I parked my car then it ran out of rego, I then got a ticket am I gonna have issues when I pay the fine"
personally I doubt there will be an issue, or even if there was anyone will go to lengths to fine you.
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
epicfail

Post by epicfail »

ay tubby it was all good so far i was able to re register the old siggs and all is sweet aye