Motorsport course (Qld)

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
leoca

Motorsport course (Qld)

Post by leoca »

Hey Dragon cypher i see that theres a (brief) ad for the course you've doing on page 45 of the latest "The Road Ahead" RACQ publication.
Must be OK to have them endorse it :!:
DragonCypher

Re: Motorsport course (Qld)

Post by DragonCypher »

I still havent opened my latest Road Ahead.. but when I get home today I'll check it out

It's SUPPOSED to be a good course, and the end results and opportunities are well worth it.. only the organisation and methods of teaching is where the downfall is

So much standing around doing nothing, my car is still sitting there in pieces because whenever i try and work on it I'm told theres another class starting (which we then wait 20 mins for a teacher to arrive) etc.

It's supposed to be getting better.. just Graham Selwood (used to be just teacher, since this year runs the course) has no idea what he's doing, and ruins everything

Also as of some time this week we go from 3 teachers between the two courses (cert III and cert IV/diploma) down to 2 teachers
which noone was prepared for so its going to be slow and messed up for another couple weeks at least
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

DragonCypher

Re: Motorsport course (Qld)

Post by DragonCypher »

Ok so I found it.. thats Dave Stillwell, or "stilly" as he's known to everyone at tafe

Graduated last year and doesn't go there anymore... AND everyone thinks he's a tool :P
If you mention you want to race in a particular series, he will recite the entire CAMS rules and regulations for half an hour straight on that series (usually innacurately).

He races a bimmer in some kinda series.. I dunno.. time trial type stuff rather than grids of cars
And works at FPR near Yatala/Gold Coast area
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.