turbo carb setup?

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
karl_2ltgc

Re: turbo carb setup?

Post by karl_2ltgc »

I'm just trying to be subtle about all you 5+ page threads on here that lead to nothing but stupid ideas. I dont mean to pulling my own dick, but i know a thing or two about shit thats fast and sometimes even reliable.

I dont need to put a v8 in something cos i got 69 valiant 770 regal with a 318. All factory.
My R1 is meant to be good for 10 second quarter, and that straight from the factory, thats my daily.

My galant aint finished(only 135kw at the wheels on 6psi) but when it is, it WONT be all that quick in term of outright power, but on the street it will be bullshit fast and fun. Ive rebuilt astron, done conversions and been involved with others projects as well.

So dont take my advice or anyone on this forum, maybe you should go to boostloosing heres a link for ya - www.boostcruising.com :D

If you actually want descent advice about anything sigma or galant, astron/saturn/4g63/magna/cordia/starion then sure post up here but it you want your ego/dick stroked, then try boostloosing.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Mate , you are so childish. I was starting to wonder if one of the regular members was playing a bit of a joke pretending to know absolutely nothing about Cars, and machanical things in general. I didnt think anybody could be that clueless. :roll:

But as the days go by, I am starting to realise that this guy actually exists :lol:
SpEc_OpS

Post by SpEc_OpS »

well guys looks like project hissing scoprion is going to be put off for a lil while i came off my motorbike yesterday at round 100km/h and was only wearing a jacket, helmet and shorts. My hands and knees have all the skins missing my right knee u can see the bone same with my left ring finger. Im ok wont be able to do any work for a couple of weeks i also have a bruised kidney and need to be extra careful :(.

BUT theres always light at the end of the tunnel i was already considering selling my bike my minds made up now :).

Im going to fix it and sell it which means more funds sooner to the scorp im gonna get everything done for rego while im off work might take a while longer to do anything myself both my hands are wrapped up and so are my knees. Ill find a way i always do plus my mates gonna hang round me permanantly some1 needs to keep an eye on my cos of my kidney so ill have a helping hand to do stuff on the car :).

Neways guys ill fill u in on the progress as best i can im on some pretty strong pain killers and under strict instruction to take it easy so well see how it goes.
Drive It Like You Stole It

The Drifter = 99 VS Ute (Kaaz 2 way LSD + 3.8 v6 on boost :lol:)
The Old Drifter = 99 S15 Spec-R (GONE :()
The Project = 80 GH Scorp (shes getting there)
The Fourby = 92 4Runner (can climb yo mumma)
The Daily = 95 Camry (the gf gotta have a car too)
The Shitter = 89 Hiace (with ever panel customised)
The Untamed = 98 cbr 600 (nearly killed me twice but i still love her)
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

oh well dud hope everything goes well and you get this system up and running

I like odd ball stuff that dont go with the flow theres only so many ways most people turbo an astron and that suck through carb or EFI and well its all becoming a bit of a yawn only ever seen it done a few thousand times :lol:

Do your conversion and be sure to do it right as id like to see this work your a pioneer in this so make the most of it

If nobody tried doing things differently we'd still be driving T fords and as they say only dead fish go with the flow
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
SpEc_OpS

Post by SpEc_OpS »

Cheers amgis i will do good to have some support jus undid my bandages and redid all my dressing amazing how well all this stuff works havent got much movement in my hands was still able to eat some sushi with chopsticks :lol: haha neways going to have to re asses my options now will fill u guys in when i figure out my plan of atack :)

DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

ok (hands up in the air) Sigma Project i have to totally agree with you on this.

Either this is someone taking the piss,
or just a total waiste of time.
This thread is a Joke.

Going from fitting turbo in the boot,
to hell bent on a blow through system,
to now its a draw through, running an intercooler,

He had spent 10 grand on a commo ute, to now saving down to the cent.
because he would rather slap a shit box together and constantly chase tail to repair or replace.

He wont Buy a turbo that is proven to work, and bolts directly onto a manifold, insted buy a
turbo he knows nothing about, and has no idea how to fit it.

Oh but he'll make pipe work out of old trampoline.....

Cmon
dude this has to be a joke!!

Everyone on here has given you very good advise,
and given you the bennifit of the doubt, including me.
and you continually back chat, and attempt to do exactly the opposite to everything they have said.

There is being different, and there is being ignorant.
and you sir are being the later.

And for all the crap you have written here,
i have seen photos of some parts, but no evidence of anything actually going ahead.
No evidence that any of this elusive scorp and its turbo set up actually in place and running.

i once saw a Torana with a home turbo set up. it had a Star picket (a steel fence post)
that was welded from the manifold to the Turbo as a support brace.
It looked like something even Mad max wouldnt use.
Basically man you can make anything work.
But do you want it to actually work, or just be different for the sake of peole saying oh thats different, does it even run??

If you are injured all the best.
But just show evidence when its running and prove us all wrong.
SpEc_OpS

Post by SpEc_OpS »

Haha dan yes i was bit undecided i never said anything bout a draw thru intercooled setup i kno that wont work. I changed internet companys cos i went over $900 with 3 thats y ive been offline for a while but yes the project will be moving ahead as soon as im healed up and cleared all my bills.

Im self employed and had to take the last month off cos of my motorbike accident photos below.

I posted photos cos u ppl seem to think im full of shit seriously just chill out i will do this project and no i aint jokin around or bein stupid im exploring every possible avenue is that a crime?

Knees
Left hand
right hand

There all pretty much healed up now just gotta deal with my bruised kidney which is really painful and quite annoying everytime it hurts more than usual i have to go back to the hospital and get a ultrasound there really surprised it hasnt burst its swollen up so much.

All that aside the car is currently out of rego so that will be first on the agenda then the project shall begin ill post updates as soon as they happen.

TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

i'd like the 10mins of my day back i just spent skimming this thread. Based on my hourly charge out you owe me $33 mate. :lol:
whatever your doing, good luck. you'll need plenty of it.

Ideas are useless when in the hands of a fool.

until you start showing some actual progress im afraid i have no other way i can take you. ;)
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
stealth

Post by stealth »

oh thats gold :lol: :lol: :D :o
cheers stealth 8-)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

Sorry mate but its a laugh. I see it every summer, organ donors thrashin around in shorts and singlets lmao. They'd probably ride around without helmets too if it were legal.

Otherwise i do hope you get better and have learned a lesson.
COBWBS

Post by COBWBS »

f5$K me.

I have to agree with sigmare, i see ppl riding around with shorts and sandels on in the summer.. But hey when i was in QLD i was only wearin board shorts and a open face helmet on my hire scooter! So can't say i han't done it..

I like the fact u want to do somthing different but every1 on hear keeps telling u it wont work.

Why not with your combo money get a turbo manifold made and do a blow though setup using a XF carby.

MR250 ( green xf turbo ) used 1 for years making some nice power..

it's a pritty simple setup and works well..
But make a game plan and stick to it..
Formerly known as QIKSIG
2.6 Turbo 72 GA Galant on straight LPG
77 Lancer
SpEc_OpS

Post by SpEc_OpS »

Well normally i wear all the safety gear on this occassion i was going 1.2km down the road on a 50km/h st and it was boiling hot so i didnt see the need i still wore my jacket and look wat happened :(

Ive definately learnt my lesson im gonna wear ALL my safety gear ALL the time now lol

The plan is as follows UNLESS i go straight to efi which ill just put top half of best magna motor i can get my hands on and rebuild it ground up with all the good bits. :)

xf carby tuned for n/a 2.6 so then it has the ideal a/f ratio down low off boost then add an injector to the piping right before the carby which will be activated to constant stream at 2-3 psi via a vacuum pressure switch. If anyones got any idea wat size injector would be good please let me know ill prbly be running 8-10 psi and if it handles that ok might up it to 12-15.

A efi fuel pump, pressure regulator, lift pump and custom surge tank. Overkill i know but when i do go efi im gonna need to do it neway so might aswell get it done from the start.

Sigma turbo exhaust manifold the turbo i already got which is a twin spooling ht-18 with a t3 flange should suit nicely i think.

Front mount intercooler (same setup as tr11ky) except im gonna paint mine black i like the sleeper look :).

Im gonna start sanding and prepping panel by panel and spraying with canned primer till ive done the whole car then give it a rub and a once over with proper primer. Havent decided on color yet but im leaning towards a deep red with slightly gold metalic flakes and a gold pearl thru it. Nothing to flash itl be really subtle but up close in the sun ul be able to see it.

As for the suspension setup im still undecided on how crazy i wanna go im thinkin custom coilovers courtesy of cheetah parts or jus buying sumfin that will bolt straight in eg pedders.

Braking im still undecided on also the local break shop said they can set me up with everything for round a grand thatl be vented and slotted blanks drilled to suit but i think i might just go the hoppers kit.

COBWBS

Post by COBWBS »

Standed sigma turbo manifolds are t4 flange.

get 1 made.
Will look better and only cost like 700 or so bux.
Formerly known as QIKSIG
2.6 Turbo 72 GA Galant on straight LPG
77 Lancer
SpEc_OpS

Post by SpEc_OpS »

COBWBS wrote:Standed sigma turbo manifolds are t4 flange.

get 1 made.
Will look better and only cost like 700 or so bux.
Yeh i know was a typo on my part it is a t4 im not to worried bout looks atm i dont plan on leaving the motor alone for to long so when i do my next build which will stay in alot longer ill go for looks.