GALANT, Launceston area, TAS ?

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
74GalantGB

GALANT, Launceston area, TAS ?

Post by 74GalantGB »

I got excited today... driving through town and was following this!! =D Me in ALF, and this person in front of me. =]
Anyone know the owner? =]
My partner was laughing at me because I got all excited =P

'74 GB.

R.I.P ALF; my darling little car. You never had a fault in/on you. ~ </3

Definition: "Shim"; being a supreme being of awesomeness which is neither male nor female but walks among both worlds as it pleases.

<.* Yes, I'm an idiot. Get over it. :) *.>
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: GALANT, Launceston area, TAS ?

Post by astronturbo77 »

i used to drive to launceston regulary and i have seen that one many times, it was in good order till it changed hands. :banh:
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

First time I've ever seen another Galant driving around Launi.. or anywhere, for that matter o.o older Galants, that is =] lol.
But yeah.. I got excited.. started bouncing in my seat (while driving >.<)... made my partner get a photo on my phone while we were stopped at the lights =D lol.
Followed him for a while - yes I kinda stalked it ;-) hehe.
'74 GB.

Definition: "Shim"; being a supreme being of awesomeness which is neither male nor female but walks among both worlds as it pleases.

GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

haha first time i seen a galant on the road im pretty sure i let go of the steering wheel pointing saying 'LOOK A GALANT!!!!11!!!1111ONEONE'

then other times my gf at the time would be like 'look a galant!!!' id look and she would say 'nearly broke ya neck' and laugh like a dick lol. :lol:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

I was down in Tassie around Feb last year for about 2 weeks. While I was there I saw a Blue 4 door LA identical to mine but in a lot better condition just out side of Strahan then in I came across a GB galant driving through Hobart, then the next day I saw another LA parked in a carpark near where they have the markets in Hobart.
I hadn't seen any old Mitsubishi's in months in Sydney then go to Tassie and come across 3 in the space of about 4 days.
1976 Galant Hardtop
rob020

Post by rob020 »

lol, i hadnt seen any lancers untill i got mine... then i seen a brown lb with a rollcage at bridgewater maccas, and a red one at northgate and an orange hatchy cruisin between norfolk and bridgey....

theres a old lady that drives a brown galant station wagon that i see getting round a fair bit too...

there was a REALLY old lookin lady that used to drive a blue centura around norfik but i havent seen her in about two years... i wonder where that ended up...
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

GC75 wrote:haha first time i seen a galant on the road im pretty sure i let go of the steering wheel pointing saying 'LOOK A GALANT!!!!11!!!1111ONEONE'

then other times my gf at the time would be like 'look a galant!!!' id look and she would say 'nearly broke ya neck' and laugh like a dick lol. :lol:
Haha, pretty sure I was pointing at some point also... =D Dunno - was too excited XD Lol.

Must have looked pretty cool to anyone watching as I followed it half way across Launi =P haha

Funny how the silliest things can excite you, huh? Haha =] And ya make a complete fool of yourself.. ^_^
People in the other cars seemed amused that I was bouncing in my seat while stopped at the lights XD

"lol, i hadnt seen any lancers untill i got mine... then i seen a brown lb with a rollcage at bridgewater maccas, and a red one at northgate and an orange hatchy cruisin between norfolk and bridgey...."

Probably just didn't NOTICE them until you got yours? =)

I'm pretty sure I saw a Lancer in Launi leaving the Kmart once... but didn't really get enough time to check it out as it was driving away and I couldn't see it anymore cos of the building :@ . And one of my mates saw another Galant (red I think it was) in Launi once, and took a photo and sent me via MMS... Just cos he knew I'd get excited >.<
'74 GB.

ralliartsigma

Post by ralliartsigma »

I see it every week or two up in Mowbray/Newham area, it use to be alot straighter. Im guessing they are up at the Uni?
Ive never seen it parked anywhere in town or I wouldve slipped a S-G dot com note under the wiper for them :)
Cheers
Trent
'83 GJ Wagon my baby, but sadly not driven enough.
'94 MJ Triton my daily in the colder months.
'81 GH Turbo No. 105 (WIP)
'81 GH Turbo No. 017
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

I see it every week or two up in Mowbray/Newham area, it use to be alot straighter. Im guessing they are up at the Uni?
Ive never seen it parked anywhere in town or I wouldve slipped a S-G dot com note under the wiper for them :)
Cheers
Trent
You'd think he/she would be something to do with the Uni, with that sticker on the back ;-)

I've never seen it before that day =] I think I know where he/she lives though... =P After following XD
I wouldn't remember the exact house now though lol =] Probably just as well, or it'd be a bit creepy for them =P
'74 GB.

ralliartsigma

Post by ralliartsigma »

Touche' :$ i was looking at the huge Chrysler sticker not the uni tas one :) that is the Godrick/fosters street lights near Maccas in invermay right?
'81 GH Turbo No. 017
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Touche' :$ i was looking at the huge Chrysler sticker not the uni tas one :) that is the Godrick/fosters street lights near Maccas in invermay right?

Near Maccas @ Invermay is correct =]
'74 GB.

ralliartsigma

Post by ralliartsigma »

Spotted thursday arvo/ early evening heading into town on Bathurst and Wellington street intersection, I was on my way up the Southern outlet so i couldnt even follow them.
'81 GH Turbo No. 017
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

I've never seen it since... but keep my eyes open everytime I'm up that way.

Saw a yellowy coloured Sigma at Mowbray on Wednesday...
'74 GB.

Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

I seen a nice grannys red la lancer at k-mart in launie the other day. It was very Clean.
ive also seen the yellow galant around too, also a green one and a brown one driving around.
Seen a red lb lancer with hot wires in hobart a couple weeks ago also.
we should all get together one weekend and have a tasmanian SG cruise. got my lancer on the road now. Woo!! :)
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Saw a Lancer in Mowbray the other day, but can't remember what colour it was >.< Also saw a beige/yellow coloured sigma... Have seen that a couple of times in Mowbray now though.

Ohhh, GD Sedan for sale @ Wreckers in Mowbray.... =)
'74 GB.

Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

you might see this one going around too :P

this is me in my LB lol :D
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

wheres the like button?? :D
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Astrolux wrote:we should all get together one weekend and have a tasmanian SG cruise. got my lancer on the road now. Woo!! :)
Indeed we should!! :D I'd like to start organising something, but not so great with the organisation lol :P

and VERY nice lancer :)
'74 GB.

Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

Why thankyou :D i love it haha..
Yeahhhh me too im hopeless with organising stuff. But it totally should happen :)
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Saw a GB similar to mine, almost same colour in Launceston.
Also remember seeing a dark brown/maroon GD with a white vinyl roof a few months ago... also in Launi ^_^
Saw a silver Sigma today, too.

and Ben saw a 2 door GC coupe, same colour as his but with a white vinyl roof at Devonport today... Must have been a good day for them :P

Oh yeh, and then saw a blue GB at my place.. and ALF was in Launi, too... ^_^
'74 GB.

astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

trust me there isnt enough people in tas willing to have a cruise.... hard enough trying to organise mates to go for a staurday night mountain mission.
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Brown GB, similar to mine - sooo wanted!!! Anyone know who owns??
Was going to put a S-G note on windscreen, but had no papers :( Waited around as long as could, but owner didn't come out =/

Was in parking lot at Youngs Veg Shed, near Kmart, Launceston.

'74 GB.

74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

FOR SALE @ Wreckers in Mowbray, TAS.

Ben didn't wanna buy this one :P

Mechanically sound, but no rego.
Still has badges....!!

'74 GB.

74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Dad has two Sigmas... one wagon and one sedan...
Going to be wrecking them soonish... anyone interested in parts ? Lol. :)
Dad wants motor and gearbox out of sedan... if interested in any parts, PM me... let me know what ya want and I'll get back to you with price (and let you know if it's still here/any good!)

'74 GB.