4g52 carb rebuild

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
fox

4g52 carb rebuild

Post by fox »

I've picked up some incomplete twin carbs and spare parts from an old Gto i think.

I'm planning on rebuilding them to use on the 4g52 in my sigma

are these the right rebuild kits?
http://www.nardek.com.au/50-1.htm

on the page they also have the parts

choke pull off diaphragm
secondary diaphragm
choke wax pellet

I can see where the secondary diaphragm is but where are the other parts located on the Carburettor?

cheers
Sigmaproject

Re: 4g52 carb rebuild

Post by Sigmaproject »

Should be easy enough to find when you start pulling things apart.

Just remember to lay parts out in sequence, and take pics to help with reassembly.

With any luck the rebuild kit will come with a diagram
fox

Post by fox »

im mostly curious what those parts are since you have to buy them separately. i don't know if i need one or two or anything.
fox

Re: 4g52 carb rebuild Questions!

Post by fox »

fox wrote:I've picked up some incomplete twin carbs and spare parts from an old Gto i think.

I'm planning on rebuilding them to use on the 4g52 in my sigma

are these the right rebuild kits?
http://www.nardek.com.au/50-1.htm

on the page they also have the parts

choke pull off diaphragm
secondary diaphragm
choke wax pellet

I can see where the secondary diaphragm is but where are the other parts located on the Carburettor?

cheers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

From my experience with the twin carbs for the Saturn motor, the carby kits for a single carb will fit no problem. So the ones you have found should be ok. The only real difference is the jetting and linkages (so they work together).
Make sure you have a thermostat housing that fits and faces the correct way before you continue any further, although on this manifold it doesn't appear to be the problem that the Saturn one has.
fox wrote:on the page they also have the parts

choke pull off diaphragm
secondary diaphragm
choke wax pellet

The carbies you have don't have a choke at all so you wont need the choke pull off diaphragm or the choke wax pellet

The secondary diaphragm you will need, and only one. But you will most likely have to remove it from the sealed housing and do the same to the old one and use the spring from the old one. In the Saturn set up it's a lighter spring, and the secondaries either wont open or will open to late, therefore impeding their operation. From my finding the sealed unit secondary diaphragm's are the only ones available. It is difficult to pull one of these units apart and still have them in good enough shape to be able to reuse the housing. I wonder whether the screw together alloy housing from a Solex 28-32DIDTA-9 will fit? (that's the standard 1.6 Saturn carb). That's what I have done. Taken the diaphragm out of the sealed unit and reused the screw together alloy housing. You'll have to trim the diaphragm down a little to fit.

Here is the link to info on the carbies I am using http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2655

Hope this helps?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

on this note, where do you get the acid they use to clean the carbs when then do them professionally? is it HCl?
fox

Post by fox »

Cheers 75wagon you information has helped.
Also yes i Also want to know what is recommended to clean these whale they are apart?
dom0812

Post by dom0812 »

Hi, Sorry for reviving the forum, but what size of jets are used on twin carbs? Planning to have one also in my 4g52.