Liquid gas injection

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Dave

Liquid gas injection

Post by Dave »

Has anyone read about this?

Would be perfect for a turbo setup, all the fun of great boost without the cost of expensive

http://www.lpgli.com/features.html
SRGALANT

Re: Liquid gas injection

Post by SRGALANT »

Hey Dave,

yes i have heard of this type of gas systems and yes it is a good one but the down fall is you still need a computer to run this type of system

Ive just price one for my 03 ford explorer and the is $4750

if you want to run LPG as cheaper solution you best bet would be to go with the Gas research stsyem, you dont need a computer and when you want to run more than 15psi you just add another converter it's as easy as that

SRGALANT
lpgalant

Post by lpgalant »

SRGALANT wrote:Hey Dave,

yes i have heard of this type of gas systems and yes it is a good one but the down fall is you still need a computer to run this type of system

Ive just price one for my 03 ford explorer and the is $4750

if you want to run LPG as cheaper solution you best bet would be to go with the Gas research stsyem, you dont need a computer and when you want to run more than 15psi you just add another converter it's as easy as that

SRGALANT
srgalant, im afraid its not as easy as running another converter, the b2 convertor runs a base pressure of around 4psi, so any boost over 4psi, itll fall over and push boost into the tank, so u must actually compensate it by running boost fom the inlet tract into the top of the converter so the diaphram is forced down open so lpg isnt pushed back into tank. ive toyed with this system for many years and it is wonderful fuel system to use. sigmares car i set up and has run a 12.5 at 109 mph on 19psi with a factory t3 and a slipping clutch, now is auto with a to4z, so we r hoping in a few weeks we run a low 11 at atleast 120 plus mph, cheers.
69 vf valiant coupe 225 efi turbo
74 gc galant 2.6 stroker 3.0
lpg c10 9 inch gt 4088 roller
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

There's no liquid gas injection on the market yet, only vapour injection.

they're Very different. liquid injection should provide a performance boost because in it's liquid state it's -40c and will so not only will the fuel density be higher, but air density as well! but it would cost more due to the insanely high pressures involved with LPG.

vapour injection is still a big step up from "gas carbs" purely because of it's superior metering system.
but you have to have EFI first and then it costs $4500...not worth it to me for an economical system that can only support 200hp due to injector limitations.
lpgalant

Post by lpgalant »

Frosty wrote:There's no liquid gas injection on the market yet, only vapour injection.

they're Very different. liquid injection should provide a performance boost because in it's liquid state it's -40c and will so not only will the fuel density be higher, but air density as well! but it would cost more due to the insanely high pressures involved with LPG.

vapour injection is still a big step up from "gas carbs" purely because of it's superior metering system.
but you have to have EFI first and then it costs $4500...not worth it to me for an economical system that can only support 200hp due to injector limitations.
um, yes there is dude, im about to purchase a kit myself and use autronic to control it, should be fun.
69 vf valiant coupe 225 efi turbo
74 gc galant 2.6 stroker 3.0
lpg c10 9 inch gt 4088 roller
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

what brand?