what rims do you run?

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
psshhhht

what rims do you run?

Post by psshhhht »

Hi Guys,
Wondering how big the rims can go for a Sigma with rolled guards front and rear?, especially a GH. I'm guessing that 17's would be pushing the limits, but that's just a guess.

Also, just out of of interests sake, what rims are you running (size and style)?
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
cheaterparts

Re: what rims do you run?

Post by cheaterparts »

I run 13 x 7 minilights with a neg 7 offset although the class rules let us run bigger I may move to a 15 x 7 rim
at a later date ( atm the brakes are large enough to do the job and fit under a 13" rim )I dont like paying for the dearer tyres - being a tight arse
I think the 205/60.13s are about $220 a tyre where as a 205/50.15 are $ 50 more and
its a cost that adds up

I would hate to be paying for the 17 and larger tyres over $ 500 a piece
cheater
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

i have 17x7 rims with 215 40 tyres and have no guard probs

GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
larace

Post by larace »

I roll on 14 x 7 globes ,biggest permitted by class

but if i went so silly it could easy roll on 18 x 8's

keep trying, it WILL break !!!!!!
turbosigma

Post by turbosigma »

On the last SG meet - 19's

GH - 17 x 7 - Speedy Sirocco II

psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

:shock: 19s! AWESOME! :mrgreen: Perfect, then the 18s I want should fit... score! Now, just have to save the crap load of money they'll no doubt cost
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
webby

Post by webby »

I'm running 14x6in Hotwire style jobbies with 215's on the front and 225's on the back and I have no problems, but they are only 14's after all
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Post by EVL076 »

pepperpots with 205/55's all round on the galant :D

not sure what im gonna run on it once i do diff upgrade... will be commodore pattern, as will the fronts..
might even getthe commy redrilled to suit galant and keep the pots on it ;)
Image Image
MRGASD

Post by MRGASD »

18by 8 inch simmons fit easy as on a gh no probs at all no scrubbing at all
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

bloody fantastic!!! :D I'm loving my GH more and more these days hehe
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

i wonder if 20s would fit?
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

sigmare wrote:i wonder if 20s would fit?

probably get a modular wheel to fit as you can custom order any back spacing though ROH is the only place that makes them now seeing as simmons dont make wheels anymore
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

Funny you guy's should say that as there will be a sigma out very soon with 20's on the front and 22's on the rear.

cheers Mic
Splatmarker

Post by Splatmarker »

I've been looking at wheel and tyre setups for my 74 lancer. Ive got some sigma brakes to go in the front and have been told that the 13 inch rims will no longer fit. But cheater you still run 13's on yours? It's been 15 years since I.ve played with wheels and tyres for my lancer and there doesn't seem to be the range of tyres for 13' rims there used to. I used to run 13 iinch 5.5 with toyo 600 f3 205/65. what type of tyres do you have cheater on those 13' rims?

I have also been looking at some 15' rims with 205/50 toyo tyres? but the offsets seem to severly limit my options. Can you you get spacers to make the newer rims fit as I would really like a set of speedy wheels lite-9 s. Would I have any problems fitting a 15' 205/50 under the guards of an LA lancer, with the inside lip bent out of the way?

Any feedback or experience in this area would be hugely appreciated. CHEERS
Blue82

Post by Blue82 »

I'm also running 17X7 speedy sirocco II's , use to have some peter specials with 225/50's but had cut into the struts with an angle grinder to get em to fit, 2 sets of spacers and it was sweet, till the struts rusted out coz I cut too much out of em, bad decision - you live, you learn.
There's no replacement for cubic displacement.
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

probably get a modular wheel to fit as you can custom order any back spacing though ROH is the only place that makes them now seeing as simmons dont make wheels anymore[/quote]

Yeah but theyre modular wheels are stinkin LOL

Ive got my F90 simmons getting a new outer rim. Not looking forward to the invoice.
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

sigmare wrote:probably get a modular wheel to fit as you can custom order any back spacing though ROH is the only place that makes them now seeing as simmons dont make wheels anymore

Yeah but theyre modular wheels are stinkin LOL

Ive got my F90 simmons getting a new outer rim. Not looking forward to the invoice.[/quote]

would be nice if you could get new simmons but they no longer make wheels and are only doing repairs