4G32 carburetor help

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
4G32stockboi

4G32 carburetor help

Post by 4G32stockboi »

Hi All,
Just a newbie here. I've read and learned much from this forum, but I still can't seem to find the answer to my questions.
Can someone here help me identify which model of carb exactly is currently installed on my 4G32 engine?
Attached some photos of it. It's labeled Solex Mikuni Kogyo Japan, but I wanted to know which model exactly is it just to try and find some more info about it.
Aside from the problem that the secondary throttle does not open (just noticed it few days ago), the car actually runs pretty good now.
I can only reach 4K RPM at full throttle now though.

My car is a 4-door 1982 Mitsubishi Lancer (2nd gen), just got it last year 2017. I was told of the following info:
- it's a Lancer GSR
- That the current carb installed is not the stock carb
- That the stock carb installed to it was a twin Solex Mikuni carb

I've also have some few more questions about my carb.
- does it have a mechanical or vacuum secondary? I don't see any diaphragm or any linkage around.
- could it be that for some reasons, the secondary barrel was intentionally disabled?
- I want to revert it back to the stock carb which is a twin solex mikuni, would it be a good way to go?
- Or should I just keep the current carb and just try to fix the secondary?

4G32stockboi

Re: 4G32 carburetor help

Post by 4G32stockboi »

After 2 months... Up! =)
Jek

Re: 4G32 carburetor help

Post by Jek »

Hey dude,
Looks like this carb has had a lot of deletes
-fast idle dash pot
-water temp choke
-fuel cutoff solenoid
-secondary linkage and vacuum housing

I can't imagine why all of these things would be deleted but it'd explain why your secondary isn't opening and it'll be running like a pig when cold.