Photobucket now charging....

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Pistol

Photobucket now charging....

Post by Pistol »

Ok so Photobucket has Phucked everyone, across the world by putting up a ransom demand without notice to anyone. So now any pictures you may have through them cant be linked to third party sites, such as this great site, without paying around $400 (U.S.D, I think) per year! Really nice of them!

If you have any pictures with them (and possibly deleted them off your computer since uploading to photobucket), you can get them back by logging in to see your pictures, then under "Actions", click on the "Download Album", this will get all your pictures back. you can then choose to delete your account with them if you so choose.
Also, Tinypic is owned by Photobucket, so be aware of that, incase they decide to start charging there too.

All of my pictures are with them, so I'll have to get another host site account up and running, and repost all of my pictures. That'll take a while.

Feel free to put up who your pics are hosted through, so we can all see whats out there.

Cheers, Paul.
JimmyG

Re: Photobucket now charging....

Post by JimmyG »

Fuckers have dead linked well over ten years worth of build threads. I'm very excited about it. Very excited! :facepalm:
Cars: 95 Wrx, 77 Galant, 73 Galant.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

One good reason I have my own home web site. Not hard to do, but you do need to have a PC that is on all the time.

Some of the newer Routers/Modems also allow you to run a mini web server with the content stored on a USB stick or external HDD.

Worth a thought..

Cheers.
Belial

Post by Belial »

I set up my account with them years ago and just this year it was pi%%ing me off trying to get to old pics to help people out....

Soo many add's, my PC would run like crap!!!
Pistol

Post by Pistol »

I'm definetly going to be looking at setting up my own hard drive through my modem to host all my own pics, thanks for the info Superscan811..