Brake advice (bit of a tricky one)

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
slimer

Brake advice (bit of a tricky one)

Post by slimer »

Hi, would like some advice/tips etc
I've got a LA Lancer that's got front brakes off a GH Sigma and recently picked up a complete diff out of a Sigma GJ model (has a disc brakes on it) I'm still running the stock la Lancer master (master was bought new about a year ago) worked good enough for the front brake upgrade but now I'm thinking when I throw this bigger diff in the pedal might go to the floor before it wants to stop.
(Common sense is telling me to get a Sigma brake master and booster and fit those but room inside the engine bay is a big issue and same with booster..not much room.

Any advice on what I should do?

Am I suppose to remove something also because I'm going to discs on the back? Someone mentioned to me years ago about removing a brake valve or something that's in the engine bay??????

Any help would be great.
Mobile mechanic, cheap rates. Servicing, headgaskets, clutch & brake repairs etc...BRISBANE
http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-V ... Z199141038
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Brake advice (bit of a tricky one)

Post by Scorpma82 »

It's hard to visualise it without pics

Going by what you said, ur car has an external proportioning valve??

I'f u use the PBR B/M/Cyl from GJ onwards (I think some GH's had them too), they had a proportioning valve inside them
(N.B. the bias does vary a lil bit between sedan and wagon)

As far as boosters are concerned......all they do is assist in the amount of foot effort required, they don't effect pedal travel......
It is possible that you may be able to use the Lancer booster and a Sigma M/C but U'll have to make sure that things like pushrod length and travel are going to be the same
Built with pride, Driven in anger
slimer

Re: Brake advice (bit of a tricky one)

Post by slimer »

Thanks mate, cheers for the info.
Mobile mechanic, cheap rates. Servicing, headgaskets, clutch & brake repairs etc...BRISBANE
http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-V ... Z199141038