fuses or relays ??

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Scratchbuilt

fuses or relays ??

Post by Scratchbuilt »

My wife has a 82 scorpion I bought out of the wreckers and its missing the fuses/relays from under the dash . Above the accelerator pedal on the inside of the firewall.

Can someone tell me what is needed and what there called so I can source new ones. I don't have a manual for one of these nor is one available at the local library. I scanned a harness diagram for a 82 sigma down there but it didn't help.
75wagon
Admin

Re: fuses or relays ??

Post by 75wagon »

Probably easier to just get a complete wiring loom from one that hasn't been cut then to try and go through the harness trying to refit a fuse box to it.

Surely there are a few out there with a wiring harness from one they've stripped?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Scratchbuilt

Post by Scratchbuilt »

The harness is o.k it doesn't need a replacement. Its just the top relays etc in the fuse box above the gas pedal that are missing. I'm assuming that the ones I sourced from the sigma 's at my local wreckers might be o.k. I have the two lower ones, the middle row with flasher cans but none of the top row. Its these or this I need.

The stuff I normally build has 3 fuses and a flasher can, so something over complicated like a 80's car has me banging my head against the wall. I just want it to start up and for the lights to work.
Scratchbuilt

Post by Scratchbuilt »

This is my last attempt to get it running. If not i'll push it to the back of the shed for a few years and later on ditch the wiring and drivetrain and fit a charger harness in along with a 340/torqueflite auto and a narrowed VH dash. If something is too complicated I'm not afraid to modify it into something simpler.
Scratchbuilt

Post by Scratchbuilt »

I've decided to persevere with trying to figure out what I need on that fuse panel. There are a few early magna's in the wreckers so i'll see what relays/fuses they run in them. But I'm not going to fit another scorpion harness in, worst comes to worse i'll fit an early holden one in. I have one here I planned to use in my latest hotrod.
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

Hi mate, Not sure how far you've got with this... and I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but I can guess... This is for a second fuse box, and you want to know what fuses to use (rating, type, etc?). The fuse box cover normally gives some idea, or the owner's manual. The workshop manuals don't normally have too much on this... Unfortunately, I don't have this car so am not quite sure. Hopefully someone else can help with more detail; if you can give a bit more info too, that'd be good :-)

The whole forum is looking pretty quiet lately though (and I'm as big a culprit as any... haven't been on here in months!).

Good luck!