L/100klm

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Sigmaproject

L/100klm

Post by Sigmaproject »

Because my fuel gauge at times tells lies..I got into the habit of always resetting the trip meter every time I fill up. And around the 300klm mark I would refill. I usually get my 98 at the same Metro Servo every week. And generally 300klm will require around 30 ltr of fuel, give or take a litre. Well today I was driving past a United and I was around the 300klm mark, so I thought I would give their 98 a go. To my surprise ,it took 38 litres. I have not changed my driving habits and just generally cruise about my local area. Now I have my own theory as to why it took 38 litres...and I will not be going near that servo again.
75wagon
Admin

Re: L/100klm

Post by 75wagon »

Yep, I had the same thing with a local servo years ago. I bought all my fuel from there (even for my mower whipper snipper etc).
I started having problems starting my small motored yard equipment, and got crap fuel economy out of my car as well (was a low mileage GE Sig at the time).
I have never bought fuel from that servo ever again, and I sold that GE back in Dec 98.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

the local BP in my area isn't that great either. I fill up from there and use more fuel pr 100km. see my signature for what I used to average with the 4g32 in the lancer. now days I average anywhere between 12 and 14 liters per 100. I am driving it a lot harder now though hahahaha. I have been filling up 98 from the ame 7/11 servo for the last couple of years. Closest servo to my house and I have no complaints yet.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

This has got me rather intrigued. Went back to the Metro servo today and it took 32 litres for 315 Klm.
Now the Metro pump is either registering under the actual amount of fuel in litres..or the United pump is registering more fuel than is actually being pumped.
With the whole thing being electronic I guess the servo's can manipulate the pumps to get whatever outcome they want.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

The heat/cold can also manipulate the density of the fuel.......best to do it at the coldest possible time to get the most accurate reading
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Taz

Post by Taz »

I've heard that too, although being underground and mostly under cover I didn't think it would affect it enough to make a noticeable difference tbh. Either way best time if this has any merit is in the morning, after its cooled off all knight and before the morning sun heats it up again