Recommendations for panel beaters in Sydney.

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Tj.

Recommendations for panel beaters in Sydney.

Post by Tj. »

I'm trying to find a panel beater preferably in Western Sydney to start the bodywork on my hardtop. Panel beaters are a dime a dozen out here but I'm hoping to find someone experienced in older cars and older methods.
It seems most smash repairs these days just bolt on new panels, paint and send it back out but unfortunately I'm going to need some serious cutting, welding and reshaping before I can point it anywhere near a paint booth.

Has anyone had any experience or can anyone make some recommendations? It's quite difficult to research as Internet searches mostly turn up run-of-the-mill workshops and I have little way of knowing if they can do what I need nor do I have the time to cold call a million places unfortunately.

Any pointers will help, thanks guys.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
yno26galant

Re: Recommendations for panel beaters in Sydney.

Post by yno26galant »

I have a few good panel beaters. Pricing is in the air but you uy get what you pay for. Lous smash in yennora.
BIG26L

Re: Recommendations for panel beaters in Sydney.

Post by BIG26L »

Have you spoken to Mick Russell at M&N Smash in Seven Hills?

Knows his stuff, does a lot of race car repair work and old stuff. Had my Lancer race car shell on the rack there to get it straightened out before we started on it.

Worth a call just to have a chat to him.