Your first Car

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Sigmaproject

Your first Car

Post by Sigmaproject »

1959 Triumph Herald.....Those were the days...948cc with twin SU's..broke the motor /gearbox /clutch in the first 6 month of ownership. My mates taught me how to "flat shift". Within a week it was off the road getting repairs.
But she was a great car to drive. Plenty of window area to see the world around you. The bonnet and front guards were one piece..and tilted forward so you could get at everything..no problems.

tandanus

Re: Your first Car

Post by tandanus »

1965 Datsun SP310 1500
Fantastic handling
Very hard on engine and gear-box mounts
Surprised many an MG :D
Destroyed by a Kombi that rear-ended it.
Kombi was parked behind my car - Kombi was rear-ended by an HR
:(
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

1975 VW Passat.

For what it was, it was a great first car. 8o|
Once I got my Ps, I swapped it for a TD Cortina. (H)
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

Well, I'm certainly a purist... my first baby was a GC Galant, and I've stuck fairly well in the Galant/Mitsi camp since. My first was a sweet little ride, ran like a dream and was a whole lot of fun! Had to sell her eventually, as we had too many cars taking up our front yard, and my current orange GC baby was taking pride of place, so the yellow GC was bought by a dude from the Adelaide Hills... I wonder where she is today?
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

First car - 1984 Mitsubishi Cordia GSL (AA4 series full import) I loved to hate this car. It was a glorified Colt with a 4G32 engine and 3 speed auto trans with all the power options - mirrors, windows, steering, air con (that never worked from the day I got it) and headlight wipers. It fell apart within the first 6 months of owning it (under extortionist finance) and was a steep learning curve in the world of driving. I drove it for years and slowly did small things to upgrade it as cash made itself available. It was a slug but after lowering it and jamming some decent feet under each corner it would stick to the road in a physics defying manner. It ended up being slid into a power pole sideways up in the Adelaide hills by a girlfriend - the road was greasy and wet and said GF insisted on riding the brakes around a sweeping right hand turn (I was in the passenger seat and the pole crushed the door a quarter of the way into the seat - yup, that hurt...) And yes, it was totalled :thumpsup:
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

I've had a few gemini's before i came across an 'original owner' GD sedan with 52,000ks on it and a factory red interior
i bought this 'stock as rock' for $200 with a RWC and learnt a lot about building older cars
Narcotics

Post by Narcotics »

Once apon I time I saw this arse end crusin' down the road & I though it could be the ugliest car every made & I wanted one.
So when a worker at the pizza shop directly accross the road from my house had one for sale I was in luke

I was told I had a japanese version by a wreackers when I returned an alternator I had said was wrong when buying it.

My grill was like this one but I had lights extra lights & didn't look cut.
The most expensive car I've ever bought was a 1984 Mitsubishi... in 2014.
Narcotics

Post by Narcotics »

^^^ It ended it's time with me when the pigs thought it was a good car to trane a rookie on & defected it for things like.
A too loud 1/2 inch standed exhaust.
Metal wire holding up the exhaust instead of rubber.
& a small chip in the winscreen.
The most expensive car I've ever bought was a 1984 Mitsubishi... in 2014.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

paully77galant wrote:I've had a few gemini's before i came across an 'original owner' GD sedan with 52,000ks on it and a factory red interior
i bought this 'stock as rock' for $200 with a RWC and learnt a lot about building older cars

I remember this car cruising around......I'm sure I saw it as Easternats a few times too
Built with pride, Driven in anger