Selling parts on eBay

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Sigmaproject

Selling parts on eBay

Post by Sigmaproject »

Went onto eBay to list a couple of items...and basicly gave up.
It is this crazy technology that tries to predict what you are about to type. It wanted to list in the completely wrong category..then would not let me change to the correct category. Then even though it didn't have a clue about the item I wanted to list..it gave me postage details, including the size of packaging and the cost of postage.

Is there a way around the automated BS on eBay ??
C_Fernance

Re: Selling parts on eBay

Post by C_Fernance »

It can be done manually. When I go into My eBay, then click on sell, It comes up with the "Tell us what your selling" page. Underneath the box where you type is a link that says "Browse Categories". If you click on this it will allow you to look through the catergories and sub-catergories till you find something suitable.

For example, if selling a set of wheels you can select Vehicle Parts and Accessories > Car, Truck Parts > Wheels, Tyres > Wheels. At this point it comes up with the comment "You've selected a category. Click Continue." Clicking continue then takes you to the page where you put in all the other info such as title, description, pics, postage details, etc.

Once you have done it the first time, you can then save that as a template for future listings.
Sigmaproject

Re: Selling parts on eBay

Post by Sigmaproject »

Thanks Chris..yes that "tell us what you are selling" BS is hopeless.