4G32 Electronic dizzy

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Jordan1249

4G32 Electronic dizzy

Post by Jordan1249 »

Ok so who has one in there 4G32 ?

Where'd you get one ?

can you buy them new?

Was it hard to install?

how much was it ?
Galantish

Re: 4G32 Electronic dizzy

Post by Galantish »

If you had a belt 32 would be a easy swap :) but for the chain never seen a factory one

Whats up with the points anyway? once there set right ect there fine never had a issue

Only thing i reckon is get a kit where you can convert it from points to electric
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

I used a 2.6 triton dizzy it was an easy conversion
Little bit of stuffing around but I was able to do it in my driveway with minimal hand tools and knowledge. I do not run vacuum advance as I have twin webers but could be set up if you need it. Cost was free just a bit of time mucking around getting the dizzy to phase correctly.

Cheers mic
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

^it looks like the same innards from a Cordia turbo distributor...
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

what year model triton ?
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

I have this here untested setup i made, put the internals from a 4G32B into my 4G32 dizzy, they fit in just, now my only problem is im not sure if im missing anything from the system, What you see in the photo is what i have, is it just as simple as to run one to positive (obviously ill make sure the right one) and the other to negative with the condenser connecting at the coil as well??

VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Update, so after doing some searching around i have found this and think i have answered my own question.
krohny wrote:Image
krohny wrote:Image
I seem to be missing the Transistor igniter (obviously not the exact one from above but one all together), so now i have a few noob questions, Would i have any issues making an astron Elec ignition transistor igniter work? is there any difference between one for engine type a and one for engine tybe b? and how does one wire one in? (i do see the diagram on the second photo but its a tad difficult to make out)

Cheers
VGJONO

P.S. sorry for somewhat hijacking your thread Jordan :P
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Here's the link for your first thread... Has a few good options here that works...

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... on#p109740
N/A ALL THE WAY
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

As for the igniter, you can actually build one. There was one in Silicon Chip many, many years ago, which does seem to work well. I have it on my points dizzy, although we did experience some issues... it had problems starting up when the engine was cold. At the time, we couldn't figure out a good solution, so I've since taken the transistor ignition out of the loop, but the box and wiring remains. My dad and I mucked about with this probably about 15-20 years ago (!), and since then I became an electronic engineer... but funnily enough, I'd forgotten about it until reading this thread! I might try to dig up the original Silicon Chip article and get some more goss... I'm sure my electronics skill has increased since my childhood days :)

You may still be able to get a kit for the igniter from Jaycar or Altronics/Aztronics, which should do the job you need...
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

LukeAussie wrote:As for the igniter, you can actually build one. There was one in Silicon Chip many, many years ago, which does seem to work well. I have it on my points dizzy, although we did experience some issues... it had problems starting up when the engine was cold. At the time, we couldn't figure out a good solution, so I've since taken the transistor ignition out of the loop, but the box and wiring remains. My dad and I mucked about with this probably about 15-20 years ago (!), and since then I became an electronic engineer... but funnily enough, I'd forgotten about it until reading this thread! I might try to dig up the original Silicon Chip article and get some more goss... I'm sure my electronics skill has increased since my childhood days :)

You may still be able to get a kit for the igniter from Jaycar or Altronics/Aztronics, which should do the job you need...
Cheers LukeAussie for your reply, my main problem is i dont have one, nor understand one well enough to know how to hook it up or what it does. think i might jump onto google and see what i can find before i fire a bunch of questions away that i can answer myself in a matter of seconds :P